Black Bear Inn
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- Black Bear InnFirst to ReviewJul 04, 2012
The dictionary definition of "cozy" should include a picture of the Black Bear Inn. Walking distance from Vermont’s Bolton Valley ski resort, this mountaintop lodge has a luxurious yet homey feel. We went for a room with a private balcony hot-tub – just in case that wasn't toasty enough after a day in the snow, there was also a gas-fired woodstove near the foot of the bed. The owners have taken the inn’s name pretty seriously, and there are bears – stuffed, soft, teddy, carved, taxidermied – everywhere. Grrr! If your stomach’s growling, the inn’s restaurant offers skier-hearty breakfasts and a classy dinner menu featuring local Vermont produce. When the snow melts, there’s an outdoor swimming pool with fantastic valley views.
Very Good!55 reviews across the web.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 100%.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food94% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- LocationTerrific location. 93% of guests enjoyed it.
- HotelHotel is great. 86% of the guests liked it.