Blockheads Shavery Company

825 people visited Blockheads Shavery Company

• Blockheads Shavery CompanyAmbassadorPro 2014
    Sandra Waring
    4 Feb 24, 2013

Whew, this place is super popular on a hot day. I really like the consistency of the shaved flavored ice...the kind I had that day was green tea. A few mochi balls, red beans, condensed milk - got to eat it quickly though, or it soon turns into green tea soup.

Jessica Y.
    4 Feb 02, 2013

Cash only!

1. Strawberry Ice - that Class 302/Taiwanese-style shaved ice with a milky strawberry consistency and flavor.. this is by far my favorite ice.

2. RICE BALLS - not mochi. The rice balls are bigger, chewier, and softer as opposed to their firm, floury mochi (not a fan of tough mochi).

3. Strawberries
    4. Grass Jelly
    5. Honey Boba
    (all self-explanatory and complementary to the strawberry ice)

I also recommend the original and the green tea ice. The black sesame everyone talks about, in my opinion, is one of the weirder tasting ones. It's okay by itself, but doesn't really match any of the toppings.

Solid shaved ice joint without having to travel to Rowland Heights (Class 302) or the dreaded I.E, haAy

Jin Yoo-Kim
    5 Dec 05, 2012

what's better than shaved ice? shaved ice that comes out in thin sheets and it is ribbonified and it is creamy and flavored. i am not making any sense. you have to try it. also, the portions are gigantic. it's definitely shareable and try not to get too many sweet toppings because the ice itself is already sweet. so good and right next to seoul sausage!

Steven C
    2 Nov 01, 2012

Snow ice very similar to Class 302 but not packing near the flavor or toppings. It's like a watered down Pinkberry version of 302. Green tea one in particular is pretty bland.

• Blockheads Shavery CompanyPro 2014
    May W
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    2 Oct 25, 2012

I was pretty disappointed with the Black Sesame flavored shaved ice. It tasted nothing like the real stuff. The texture was kind of like good ice cream, but there was barely any flavor. My friend and I split a regular and it tasted mainly of Oreo cookies. The mochi balls were a nice contrast to the smoothness of the shaved ice. The coconut puree tasted kind of gross. The regular was only $4.50, but yeah...wish I didn't get it!

Mmarthie
    5 Oct 20, 2012

Green tea magic!

When I first saw how big it was (regular size) I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it. Boy was I wrong. Flavored shaved ice here is smooth, light, and literally sheets of magic melting in your mouth. It's ice but it's so creamy! I honestly might have been able to handle a large size.

So what did I end up getting for a regular size? Green tea shaved yummy ice topped with red bean (one of my favorite things to eat ever) with some mochi. SOOO good. I was so sad when I took my last bite because I wanted more.

Now I fully understand this blockheads craze going on in the west side. If only I lived closer, I'd be frequenting this place. Or perhaps Blockheads should just open more locations!

vivian lin
    3 Sep 20, 2012

service is good, and the place is nice and clean. i just couldn't really get into the consistency of the "shaved ice." it's not creamy like ice cream, and not refreshing and crisp like shaved ice. i dont know what this is!! its kind of driving me nuts, actually. i got the black sesame with toffee crunch and coconut drizzle.

Geng Wang
    4 Aug 28, 2012

Huge portions! This isn't just shaved ice...this is shaved SNOW. Super fluffy and soft, it is a million times better! Be sure to try that condense milk, it's super nommy

Helene Vo
    4 Aug 24, 2012

I like it! Their shaved ice is particularly good! Affordable prices. For some reason, this place gets really crowded at night after dinner time.

jenny lee
    5 Aug 08, 2012

there is something very special about this place, it keeps you craving it more and you go through withdrawal when you've been deprived of it. withdrawal such as day dreaming all the wonderful goodness from the flavors of the snow to the drizzile.