Do you love to travel? Do you appreciate the benefit of social media?
Have you ever dreamt of one day becoming a travel writer?
As a new social media startup, Gogobot is dedicated to making trip-planning almost as fun as the travel itself. You might be a perfect fit for us if you:
- Love social media and sharing knowledge almost as much as you love travel and learning about the world
- Have a talent for stringing together a sentence (prior professional writing experience preferred but not required; show us your skills and we’ll put you to work)
- Use impeccable grammar and spelling, as you’ll be helping us build a database where one tiny error might mean you’ve just added the new city of San Francicso (cover letters or resumes with more than one or two errors will, as you can imagine, go straight into the trash)
- Have the travel experience, helpful attitude and daily attention required to answer readers’ questions on our home page
- Know your way around a website or possibly behind a web page
- Have the ability to work on a variety of editorial and technical tasks, research efficiently and write quickly
- Know at least 5-10 travel destinations well (especially Greece, the Caribbean, India, Germany and Berlin, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Scotland, Indonesia, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, South Africa)
- A fairly strong grasp of geography (we’ll test you!)
- Are available approximately 20-35 hours per week, including a weekly Skype check-in Tuesday morning at 9am PST
- Send an email with the cover letter in the body of the email
- Include a run-on list of the top 5-20 destinations in which you have knowledge or expertise (feel free to expound upon the list elsewhere, but please create one list we can cut and paste into a spreadsheet cell)
- Include links to travel-related content you’ve had published (articles, blogs, reviews, etc)
- Create a profile on Gogobot.com and answer two questions in the Gogobot Network with recommendations (if you don’t want to create a profile, we understand — but please send links to two Gogobot questions with hypothetical answers in the body of your email)
- Attach your resume
We have three internship terms each year in spring (Jan-Apr), summer (May-Aug) and winter (Sept-Dec). We only hire in April, August and December. The internship pays $15/hour and you can do it from anywhere in the world.
Our next internship period starts Thursday, September 8, 2011 and ends Friday January 13, 2012. Feel free to send your resume to beforehand so we are aware of your interest, but please resend it after August 8, 2011 to be considered for the internship position. Please send to email@example.com