We’ve all admired the many stunning photos and eclectic postcards shared by Gogobot users across the globe, and now one lucky Gogoboter in San Diego will get to have his or her creative come to life! Gogobot San Diego is launching a two week Gogobot Postcard-2-Print contest from April 18th-30th. Win and you could see one of your postcard masterpieces manifests into an actual postcard! One lucky winner will have his or her Gogobot Postcard printed and distributed throughout San Diego for people to snag and send, and also receive 2 tickets aboard the Hornblower for a Champagne Brunch Cruise about San Diego Harbor.
Here’s how it works:
- Take cool, fun, funky and creative photos of your favorite spots in San Diego (restaurant, bar, hotels, museums, etc.) and turn them into postcards using the Gogobot Postcard iPhone App. The postcards must be of a specific place, as oppose to a generic “San Diego” postcard. If you don’t have an iPhone, no worries! You can still participate, just take pictures of your favorite places and upload them to your Gogobot account.
- Follow Sarah Speers, the San Diego Gogobot Community Manager, on Gogobot and share the postcards or photos with her via Twitter (@GogobotSD) with the hashtag #gogobotsd. If you don’t have Twitter, you can also email the entries to Sarah (email@example.com) or share them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/gogobotinc).
- Share your postcards with your friends and among your many social networks (Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.), and encourage them to “like” your artwork.
- The designers of the five postcards with the most “likes” will qualify for the Postcard-2-Print “Final Vote” happy hour party on May 2nd where the postcards will be on display (stay tuned for the event details). Patrons and Gogoboters at the event will be able to cast their vote for their favorite postcard. The one with the most votes will win! The winner will be announced that evening at the event.
- The postcard will be printed and distributed within the following month at numerous locations throughout San Diego such as local businesses and establishments, tourist spots and information centers.
So get your cameras and iPhones out, your fingers trigger happy and your creative juices flowing, and you could become Gogobot San Diego’s postcard designer extraordinaire!
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy travels and postcard-making!