Gogobot announces the latest round of Gogobot Travelers’ Favorite Awards, which include such natural wonders as Diamond Head State Monument in Honolulu, Hawaii, and such memorable guided tours as the Seattle Underground Tour and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre Tour in London. The lists were compiled from the more than 60,000 possible places visited by more than 2.5 million registered Gogobot users, their friends, and like-minded travelers in their network.
– This round of the Gogobot Travelers’ Favorite Awards covers a varied cross-section of natural wonders, from towering waterfalls to expansive coral reefs, which are home to some of the planet’s most jaw-dropping scenery. Diamond Head State Monument overlooking Honolulu, Hawaii, tops the Natural Wonders list with its stunning geological landscape and panoramic view of the capital city. Other top natural wonders include Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon, Ariz., U.S.; Muir Woods National Monument, Mill Valley, Calif., U.S.; Old Faithful Geyser and Upper Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park, Wyo., U.S.; and Gullfoss, Reykjavik, Iceland. The Gogobot users’ diverse, sometimes quirky tastes in travel destinations and activities resulted in an inspiring list of winners for the Best Guided Tour. Topping them all is Seattle’s Underground Tour, which gives visitors the chance to explore subterranean passages that were once the city’s main roadways and first-floor storefronts. Other Best Guided Tour Award winners include Alcatraz Cruises, San Francisco, Calif., U.S.; Architecture River Cruise, Chicago, Ill., U.S.; Pacific Whale Foundation, Kihei, Hawaii, U.S.; and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, London, UK. (Expanded lists for both categories below). The Gogobot Travelers’ Favorite Awards recipients are being released in a series of announcements that in recent months have recognized the top destinations, hotels, restaurants, and attractions chosen by Gogobot’s passionate user base of more than 2.5 million travelers.
– “Gogobot’s users have been to every corner of the world, discovering some of the most arresting natural wonders, from Lago de Atitlan in Guatemala, which has been called the most beautiful lake on Earth, to Tanzania’s iconic Mt. Kilimanjaro,” said Gogobot CEO and co-founder Travis Katz. “Finding unique things to do when you arrive at a destination turns a trip into a real adventure. The results of this round of awards demonstrate how Gogobot users are often the first to uncover those hidden gems around the world. Whether they identify water rafting in New Zealand, a goat farm in Hawaii or a haunted history tour of New Orleans, travelers offer up a wellspring of helpful advice that can make a trip.”
2. Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon, Ariz., U.S.
3. Muir Woods National Monument, Mill Valley, Calif., U.S.
4. Old Faithful Geyser and Upper Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park, Wyo., U.S.
5. Gullfoss, Reykjavik, Iceland
6. 12 Apostles, Port Campbell, Australia
7. Iguacu Falls, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil/Argentina
8. Badlands National Park, Interior, S.D., U.S.
9. Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh, Scotland
10. Mt. Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania
11. Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, N.Y., U.S.
12. Matterhorn, Zermatt, Switzerland
13. Lago de Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala
14. Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
15. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Las Vegas, Nev., U.S.
16. Maroon Bells, Aspen, Colo., U.S.
17. Mount Bromo, Java, Indonesia
18. Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park, Calif., U.S.
19. Joshua Tree National Park, Twentynine Palms, Calif., U.S.
20. Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Australia
21. Antelope Canyon, Page, Ariz., U.S.
22. Kenai Fjords National Park, Seward, Alaska, U.S.
23. Taroko National Park, Hualien, Taiwan
24. Mount Rainier National Park, Ashford, Wash., U.S.
25. Land’s End, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
1. Seattle Underground Tour, Seattle, Wash., U.S.
2. Alcatraz Cruises, San Francisco, Calif., U.S.
3. Architecture River Cruise, Chicago, Ill., U.S.
4. Pacific Whale Foundation, Kihei, Hawaii, U.S.
5. Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, London, UK
6. Maid of the Mist, Niagara Falls, N.Y., U.S.
7. Shotover Jet, Arthur’s Point, New Zealand
8. Backpacker Concierge, Cairo, Egypt
9. Haunted History Tours, New Orleans, La., U.S.
10. Fat Tire Bike Tours, Paris, France
11. Bus Turístic, Barcelona, Spain
12. Pink Jeep Tours, Sedona, Ariz., U.S.
13. NBC Studio Tour, New York City, N.Y, U.S.
14. Kauai ATV, Kalaheo, Hawaii, U.S.
15. Rio Secreto, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
16. Carlsberg Brewery Tour, Copenhagen, Denmark
17. Morocco Sahara Desert Tours, Marrakech, Morocco
18. Original London Walks, London, UK
19. Savor Seattle Food Tours, Seattle, Wash., U.S.
20. Boston Duck Tours, Boston, Mass., U.S.
21. Anchor Brewing Company, San Francisco, Calif., U.S.
22. Surfing Goat Dairy, Kula, Hawaii, U.S.
23. Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour, Mukilteo, Wash., U.S.
24. Orvieto Underground, Orvieto, Italy
25. Yangtze River Cruise, Chongqing, China
Gogobot is where people who love to travel share their insider tips and access the travel advice of friends and others to discover, plan and book the perfect trip. By connecting via Facebook and/or Twitter, users receive a personalized list of travel recommendations and can share their experiences across their social networks. Users can book a hotel, vacation rental or restaurant directly through the site via partners including Expedia, Booking.com, Kayak, Priceline and OpenTable.
Founded in November 2010 by Travis Katz and Ori Zaltzman, Gogobot has raised $19 million from leading venture investors, including Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures and Innovation Endeavors. Gogobot is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, and also has an office in London.
Contact for U.S.
Mark de la Viña
Phone: +1 415-282-4795
Contact for U.K.
UK: +44 (0)203 239 1367