Blue Moon Cafe

1621 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231

• Blue Moon Cafe

Expensive Coffee: My fiancee and I had seen Blue Moon on the DDD show and thought we would give them a try this morning. We knew the place was small and we would be waiting due to previous reviews. We do not mind waiting for a good thing. When we were seated, we were told there were no more menus and given a laminated modified menu (I am assuming). I know there is a lot of talk about the french toast, hash browns, etc. but we thought we would try other things on the menu. I ordered the oatmeal/brown sugar pancakes and my fiance ordered the sausage gravy biscuits. Coffee was good, although spotty refills. The pancakes were good size, but as I started putting butter on it I saw raw oatmeal and clumps of brown sugar, some of it burned. When I started cutting into the pancakes, I almost asked for a steak knife as they were tough. The cakes tasted heavy and the dry oatmeal/burnt sugar was not helping the flavor. Now I know why they have the syrup in large coffee urns, it is not because the syrup is warmed (it was not) but you would need a gallon of it to try and make the cakes moist. After two bites I was done and pushed my plate aside. The sausage gravy did not have much sausage and the gravy was bland. The biscuit was large, doughy and sweet. My fiancee who truly loves this dish also set it his aside. The server did not even ask if there was an issue when we asked for the check. He just removed our plates and we paid over $20 for our coffee. We ended up somewhere else for breakfast. Needless to say, we will not be going back.

• Blue Moon Cafe

Terrible service, perfectly mediocre food. There are much better breakfast joints with half the wait.

• Blue Moon Cafe

OMG...one of the BEST meals I've ever eaten in any restaurant EVER!
    Everything is freshly prepared. As strange as it sounds the Captain Crunch french toast is one of their specialties and I promise you, one bit and you'll wish you lived in Baltimore!

• Blue Moon Cafe

Best French toast ever !!!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies