Trip Plan Details
- PortabellaOcean Ave, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923recommended PortabellaWe had the most pleasant server waiting on us in the warm and inviting restaurant. She was a lot of fun and had a great smile. My husband had the salmon atop of a mushroom risotto, fantastic. I tried ... read morethe halibut with rice pilaf. Both fish dishes were cooked to perfection. Take some time to speak to the Host, he has a wealth of knowledge on the history of the building. Check out the ceiling in the dining room, it is unique and beautiful. The also own the restaurant next door. Merlot
- Dametra CafeSouth East Corner Of Ocean & Lincoln Carmel By The Sea ,CA,93921, United Statesrecommended Dametra CafeThe owners of this little cafe truly know how to take care of their customers. We stopped here for lunch because as we drove by the night before it was packed when all the other restaurants we empty ... read moreand closing. We were a party of four and all ordered a different dish. I ordered the "Great Greek" salad, by far the best Greek salad that I have had in 3 years of living California. My husband ordered "Dametra's Pasta", it had chicken that was so flavorful and tender, a little on the rich side for lunch but wonderful all the same. Our friends ordered the spaghetti bolegnese and the chicken wrap which they both raved about. The owner came over to check on us after he had played what looked like a mandolin while his father the cook sang. He asked how our friend liked his dish (bowl was wiped clean with his bread) he said can't you tell "I did not like it at all - hahaha) the owner then proceeded to insist that he bring him a fresh dish since he enjoyed the first one so much. We had to insist that we could not eat another bite, while praising his father the cook. He did send us a complementary plate of baklava. Food was fantastic and the owner and entire family where entertaining and so friendly.
- Passionfish701 Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA 93950recommended PassionfishWow!! All of the dishes we ordered fresh, prepared to perfection and very tasty. Do not miss this place.recommended PassionfishTasty and affordably priced, Passionfish is a popular destination for those in-the-know about seafood restaurants in Monterey. Located along the freeway, parking isn't too difficult (park along the ... read moreroad), and you get some nice views. Service is friendly. It's not as fancy as I thought it would be, but I had a decent time.Keane
This is a solid seafood restaurant!recommended PassionfishSustainable seafood, creative presentations, chewy sourdough bread and a wine list -- wait for it -- priced practically at retail! This is our favorite restaurant in the Monterey Bay area, and we're ... read morepretty picky foodies. It's a locals' kinds of place, and the value-for-price ratio is super-high. The chef is super-conscious about following the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch list guidelines, so you can eat anything on the menu, guilt-free. We've always found that the food here beats what's served at more famous places in Monterey, Carmel, etc. It's worth the detour, definitely.Sara Benson
I'm sure you already know about this sustainable seafood spot in Pacific Grove! I'm a frequent visitor to Monterey, and this is hands-down my favorite place to eat on the peninsula.recommended PassionfishTop notch seafood restaurant. I can't say enough good things about Passionfish with it's 100% sustainable seafood menu and seemingly limitless wine selection.. They follow (to the letter) ... read morerecommendations from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program - http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/seafoodwatch.aspx - yet serve up their selections with innovation and flare enough to appease the most critical of foodies. One word of warning to visiting tourists from the heartland - don't expect a nautical-themed seafood stereotype here. This is elegant dining in a trendy setting that happens to have a seafood menu. There are plenty of "amusement park" seafood joints along Cannery Row and the Old Fisherman's Wharf if that's what you've come to the Monterey Peninsula for. Come to Passionfish prepared for a world class dining experience.Arlo Hemphill
Try Passionfish for upscale dining. They prepare all sustainable seafood, so you can love the ocean and feel good about your meal at the same time. And check out the wine list - it's amazing.
- First Awakenings125 Ocean View Blvd, #105, Pacific Grove, CA 93950recommended First AwakeningsI had the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal pancakes, my oh my!!! Our friends ordered the orchard oatmeal and an omelette and my husband had the Steak Benedict which was the breakfast special. We all shared, ... read moreportions were enormous and all of our meals spectacular.recommended First AwakeningsJust a short walk uphill from the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I love dropping by just for the plate-sized giant pancakes (blueberry wheat-germ is an odd, but really tasty favorite). Service can be slow, ... read morebecause they're almost always busy, but the food is better than anything you'll find on nearby Cannery Row. Huge omelettes and breakfast scrambles, too. When it's chilly, you can still sit outside by the fire pits. Now, if only they had better coffee.....
- Schooners Bistro400 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
- Sea Harvest Fish Market Restaurant598 Foam St, Monterey, CA 93940recommended Sea Harvest Fish Market RestaurantI stumbled upon this restaurant after a great day at the Aquarium - and it was a great meal! It's half fresh fish market/half restaurant and no frills but the food is delicious! Fresh, well prepared ... read moreand a great selection of fresh fish and seafood (as expected). They also had giant slices of cake for dessert the size of my head, but I was so stuffed I didn't have any room for dessert! I definitely recommend this place!Traci
Great casual place with fresh seafood
- East Village Coffee Lounge498 Washington St, Monterey, CA 93940recommended East Village Coffee LoungeMy favorite pit stop for caffeine in downtown Monterey. Free Wi-Fi, live events at night, comfily bedraggled chairs for lounging around in during the day, and strong espresso drinks all make it a ... read morewinner. The pastry case is also mighty tempting, although a bakery just a block away makes croissants I'd rather spring for.Sara Benson
If you'd like to add a coffee shop recommendation...
- Monterey Bay Aquarium886 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940-1023recommended Monterey Bay AquariumWithout doubt, the best aquarium I've ever been to California, and maybe in the entire country (or even the world, and I've been to over 30 countries so far and still counting...). The aquarium not ... read moreonly has a wealth of wildlife on display in its tanks, but it's also focused on teaching environmental responsibility, ocean conservation and animal welfare. From the floating moon jellyfish to the animated sea otters being rehabilitated, Monterey Aquarium is one of the places I most love in California. Save almost a whole day to explore the aquarium, which inhabits a rehabbed sardine canning factory that dates back to John Steinbeck's Cannery Row days.Sara Benson
Just thought I'd take time to say how great the aquarium is, and how much I'm looking forward to the film fest!
- Old Fisherman's WharfFisherman's Wharf and Olivier Street, Monterey, CA 93940