Boiling Crab Koreatown

4,167 people visited Boiling Crab Koreatown

Spiritual Seekers

Ngoc Hanh Pham
    4 Jun 20, 2013

This Boiling Crab is always really crowded. Even if you go when it opens up, there will be a long line outside. The trick is to actually go right before it closes. You won't have to wait that long since there are a lot of tables open near closing time. If you don't want to wait, you can also order to-go and eat at the cafe next door. The cafe made a deal with Boiling Crab where you only have to order one drink in order to use their table to eat Boiling Crab. I usually get one pound of shrimp that's Whole Shabang flavor and medium spicy level when I go to any Boiling Crab. It definitely tastes delicious here as well.

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    • Local Culture
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    5 Jun 05, 2013

Crawfish, shrimp, king crab legs and corn all up in the whole shebang sauce. Eaten ravenously with your fingers. Nom. Nom. Nom. Sounds like my kind of heaven.

Jennifer Soong
    4 Apr 27, 2013

One of my absolute favorite places!! The long is hella long but the food is just so delicious that the wait is definitely worth it. I have never felt unsatisfied or regretful for waiting in line after digging into my meal. The normal wait time is about an hour to an hour and a half. I suggest just dropping by and leaving your name first, then leave and explore los angeles til it's about time. It is located in a small plaza surrounded by cafes and chicken restaurants like kyochan and love letter. You can either find parking by the meter or in the parking structure beneath the plaza. Though it is valet parking. At boiling crab I normally get a pound of cajun shrimp, two pieces of corns, and a basket of cajun fries - all at a medium spice level. I would also get a raspberry ice tea and share it with my company bc its refillable!

• Boiling Crab KoreatownPro 2014
    Troy Howard
    • Local Culture
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    4 Apr 23, 2013

After a long day of car shopping and finally getting the suv we wanted, we were hungry. We were at the dealership and my wife, friend and I were hungry after all of us survived off a cookie and coffee for breakfast. So, the sales guy recommended this place. We were contemplating either The Federal Bar or The Boiling Crab, and we ruled the Boiling Crab.
    It was not a mistake.

The minute we got there the smell alone had us running towards the place. We went in and was seated by a very helpful hostess. From that point we were helped by our server Danny, and he was great. He went over the menu with us and we decided on the fried shrimp, Craw Fish, Sausage, and the shrimped cooked in the overflowing Cajun spice.

Wow what a treat. Before hand we had our beautiful bibs placed on us so we can attack properly. With the table as our plate and our hands as our forks and knives, we attacked the minute our bags of shrimp, Craw Fish, Sausage, and the regular shrimp. They came in a bucket of course.

As our mouths filled with Cajun greatness with the fire hydrant of root beer and coke, our stomachs were shouting for joy. The bibs were full of spice showing our dedication to the cause. Those Craw Fish did not stand a chance.

Danny as well as the other servers were very attentive and helpful. They always checked on us and made sure we were ok.

Another thing were the restrooms. The restrooms were fine, and the hand dryer almost blows your hands off its so powerful.

It was a great place. The only thing we did not have a chance to do was write our names on the wall outside the bathroom. That was due to the fact someone stole the markers. Next time we will bring our own.

If your in K-Town you have to go to this place. Just follow the smell and you will be carried.

Christopher Blandy