Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Bolongo Bay Beach ResortMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7First to ReviewSep 13, 2013
An all-inclusive beach resort which is family-friendly and, really, just friendly. When I stayed here I had a blast making friends with the bartender and laying on the beach. One of the restaurants, Iggie's Beach Bar and Grill, is a fun, casual hang-out complete with rum-infused karaoke evenings.
- Bolongo Bay Beach ResortOct 22, 2012
‘Sitting in Iggies Beach Bar, which I heard was the best of its genre back in my own town of Charleston! T’is. There is live entertainment nightly – and it is good, like a mellow, reggae band. The fish ‘n’ chips are right on, too. Beach weddings are huge here – barefoot bliss – all orchestrated by a professional romance director.
The Lobster Grille puts a modest price on its Caribbean crustaceans; equally fine are its steak specials like a grilled sirloin with a Portobello wine sauce. ‘Excellent, as is breakfast, like fluffy pancakes with fresh mangos and sausage. By day, the Grille is the pool bar.
Guest rooms, like the public spaces, do date from 1974 when the Doumeng family built it. The few updates include flat-screen TVs with 2 HBOS. Yeah! And there is an enviable, ’53 ft. catamaran docked outside my door. All-inclusive guests get a sunset cruise and a half-day snorkeling trip thrown in. I loved the fun quotient and the many family members.
Very Good!242 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance96% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 96%.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location86% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Food83% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel74% thought it was clean.