Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Bolongo Bay Beach ResortMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7First to ReviewMay 12, 2014
An all-inclusive beach resort which is family-friendly and, really, just friendly. When I stayed here I had a blast making friends with the bartender and laying on the beach. One of the restaurants, Iggie's Beach Bar and Grill, is a fun, casual hang-out complete with rum-infused karaoke evenings.Recommended for:
- Bolongo Bay Beach ResortOct 22, 2012
‘Sitting in Iggies Beach Bar, which I heard was the best of its genre back in my own town of Charleston! T’is. There is live entertainment nightly – and it is good, like a mellow, reggae band. The fish ‘n’ chips are right on, too. Beach weddings are huge here – barefoot bliss – all orchestrated by a professional romance director.
The Lobster Grille puts a modest price on its Caribbean crustaceans; equally fine are its steak specials like a grilled sirloin with a Portobello wine sauce. ‘Excellent, as is breakfast, like fluffy pancakes with fresh mangos and sausage. By day, the Grille is the pool bar.
Guest rooms, like the public spaces, do date from 1974 when the Doumeng family built it. The few updates include flat-screen TVs with 2 HBOS. Yeah! And there is an enviable, ’53 ft. catamaran docked outside my door. All-inclusive guests get a sunset cruise and a half-day snorkeling trip thrown in. I loved the fun quotient and the many family members.Recommended for:
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
Very Good!247 reviews across the web.
- Guests consider it an awesome beach hotel.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Beach89% appreciated the clean beach.
- Location83% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Ambiance81% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- HotelHotel is great.