Boomtown Hotel & Casino
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Boomtown Hotel & CasinoJul 15, 2014
When you are driving in from California, this is the first thing you will see as you cross the border. They have great deals/coupons when you get there. Try your luck for a bit and rest after the drive, and then continue on to Reno. I would not suggest staying here.
- Boomtown Hotel & CasinoNov 20, 2012
The biggest little city's most famous über truck stop. I don't consider myself to be too refined but here... wow... It's as if a company town themed casino threw up over a T/A.... Cheap tourists that you may otherwise find in Branson, Missouri, some slightly racist clientele.... I'm sure it has it's positives, but I'm not a big fan of it.
- Boomtown Hotel & CasinoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Who hasn't seen the Boomtown sprawl whilst driving along I-80 to or from Reno? This and the nearby Terrible's is also your last chance to buy slightly cheaper gasoline on this side of California. I remember coming here years ago for the buffet and being overwhelmed by the line and underwhelmed by the food.
Gayle and I stopped here recently to get out of the car, stretch, and walk the dogs. We also wandered around the casino and pretty much got chased out by the residual stench of the cigarette smoke. Any future visits will probably be similarly strategic in terms of needing a break, filling up at the nearby Chevron, shopping at Cabela's, or needing some coffee from Peets. Otherwise (and not being a casino person), why?
Dining options at Boomtown Hotel & Casino include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and a spa tub. This 3.0 star property offers
There are 318 guestrooms at Boomtown Hotel & Casino. Guestrooms have mountain views. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and premium bedding. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer phones and in room safes. 42 inch flat panel televisions have cable channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include electronic check out, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Guests may request a turndown service, hypo allergenic bedding, and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.
Notifications and Fees:
- Guests under 18 years old are not permitted at this adults only property.
- There are no room charges for children 17 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following mandatory hotel imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check in or check out.
- Energy surcharge: USD 3.00 per room per night
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- In room wireless Internet: USD 11.99 per 24 hour period (rates may vary)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Business Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Game Room
Mediocre984 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Location100% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 95%.
- Food68% found the breakfast to be acceptable.
- Service64% thought the service was unprofessional.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.
- AmbianceAmbiance is ok.