Bouchon Bakery

6528 Washington St, Yountville, CA 94599

Ryan Windsor (Reserve123)
    5 Jul 19, 2014

I loved stopping in here in the morning to grab coffee and baked goods to last throughout the day. Everything is delicious, and this is definitely a must at least one morning during your visit, in my opinion.

Lisa
    4 Jun 08, 2014

Impeccable, decadent pastries around the lovely downtown of Yountville. Lately, there has been a 30 min line out the door.

Owie
    4 Mar 12, 2014

First stop to Napa has got to be at Bouchon Bakery, where the line is out the door as always. Do not let the long line fool you because it goes by quickly. I love their macarons and how they package them in a cute logo box. I cannot wait to try their other goodies the next time I come back.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Jason Flegel
    LGBT
    5 Jan 14, 2014

If I lived anywhere near this bakery, I would weight approximately 300% of my current weight. Ugh. This place is pretty amazing. Skip the typical bakery fare (okay, don't skip it, but save room for...) in favor of the pork belly roll. Oh. My. Tastebuds. Yum.

Travis Katz
    5 Jan 03, 2014

Wow. This place was recommended to me on Gogobot, and when we saw the line out front in the morning we almost skipped it. Good thing we didn't. This place has phenomenal stuff. The chocolate-almond croissants were so decadent my mouth is watering just thinking about it - they probably weighed a quarter pound each. We got monkey bread for the kids that was great, and packed off with a couple of sandwiches and macaroons for the afternoon. If you are waiting in the long line, there is a secret express coffee-only line in the back where you can grab a coffee to enjoy while you wait.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
    Fran V.
    4 Nov 24, 2013

My friends and I spotted Bouchon when we got dropped off for lunch at a nearby restaurant. We heard great things about the bakery and so we all decided to pop by here for dessert after our meal. A popular item that many visitors purchase are the french maroons which they make very well here. The macaroons are a bit pricey (mini box of 6 macaroons is $16.00), but it is worth it because they are so delicious! I also recommend their chocolate bouchons.

• Bouchon BakeryAmbassadorPro 2014
    Kat Sun
    4 Nov 23, 2013

Located in beautiful Yountville, this is how my bf and I started our morning in Napa Valley. We grabbed some coffee and gobbled up some baked goods before we started the wine tasting.

The bakery is small, so there's a line out the door. As we were waiting, a woman came out and asked if we wanted to sample some bread/cake that they had cut up. Nice touch. Beware the flies as you're waiting...eek

I had seen other reviews and had to get the TKO (Tom Keller Oreo). This was a really interesting spin on this cookie, love!

Almond croissant - wow! Flaky on the outside and denser on the inside. Yummy! I would love one right now just thinking about it.

I always get macarons if they have them at bakeries. These are BIG and $3 a piece. I really with they would make them regular sized macarons (these are from Honey I Blew Up the Macarons or something). I would have wanted to try the other flavors. The raspberry and the hazelnut were delicious though. Good job on the macarons Bouchon. They're just too sweet after the first bite...grab a cup of coffee to go with them!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
    Verlisia
    4 Nov 06, 2013

I fall in love with Bouchon Bakery after trying their french macarons in NYC. Ever since then I made it a priority to pick up a dozen whenever I am in a town with a Bouchon Bakery. Unfortuantely for my taste buds (but fortunate for my waistline) there are very few Bouchons around and most are slightly out of the way for me.

This particular Bouchon Bakery in Yountville is lovely. The store is considerably smaller than the NYC counterpart with a slightly more limited savory pastry selection. I do like the intimate look and feel. The line is usually long but moves fairly quickly. Do check out their bakery kitchen through the glass window once you got in the store. That is where the magic happens. You can't go wrong with the macrons here.

My only complaint is that there are no indoor seats. The outdoor patio is comfy but the fruit flies and hot summer sun could get to you.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesTrendsters
    Andi Fisher
    5 Nov 06, 2013

Try to go during the week when it is less crowded and you have time to look at everything. Lots to choose from, go for seasonal pastries.

Rhia R.
    4 Nov 01, 2013

I seriously can't think of another place that has tasty French macarons (not macaroons, people) the size of my palm. I've tried their location in Las Vegas, and this is right up with it in terms of quality. The line just to get inside made it seem like I was at Disneyland. Of course, not every customer seeks out these cookies. They have a nice selection of both savory and sweet pastries. I just wish it didn't have to take a near 2 hour drive or a plane flight to get here.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesTrendsters
    Sara Benson
    5 Oct 17, 2013

Best bakery I've ever stopped at in Napa Valley, and each perfect little baked good - whether it's a macaroon, almond-encrusted croissant or piece of coffee cake - deserves the higher than usual price tag. The bakery is run by Thomas Keller, and it's in a separate building just next door to his landmark Bouchon bistro.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Ingrid Katz
    5 Sep 14, 2013

yummy, yummy, yummy! This is the sort of bakery you see in Europe! Even better! The coffee was delicious too! There is no formal sitting inside, just some simple outside tables in the courtyard. The kids can chase the birds while waiting in the long line. Definitely worth the wait

Connie Pistilli
    5 Sep 08, 2013

Lovely little bakery where you can pick up Thomas Keller's delightful desserts. TKO's, macarons, Chocolate Bouchons are my faves.

Sharon K. Yapp
    5 Jul 20, 2013

TKO's, macarons, chocolate cherry cookies. I'm in heaven. The macarons here are delightful--never too dry which many other bakeries can't boast. Coffee is delicious too. If you're in Yountville and looking for a great lunch, skip the Bouchon restaurant next door and go to Bouchon Bakery.

Alex L
    4 May 15, 2013

Gogobotters told me to get the macaroons. I got the macaroons. Now, I dream of going back to Napa just to get more macaroons.

Karen Le
    5 Apr 04, 2013

Honest truth, every time I make a stop here (which is several) I never just leave with one item. MACAROONS galore, and they offer seasonal flavors like coconut, passion fruit, pb&j and my favorite blueberry! Even if you don't care for macaroons, the oatmeal cookie or peanut butter cream cookie will win you over!

Ning
    4 Mar 01, 2013

Good bakery and I always wait in the long line to grab something, whether it's a macaron, a savory scone, or some yummy coffee.

Natalie K
    5 Jan 04, 2013

The best French macarons you will ever have in your life. I swear. Yes, they have other pastries and baked goods too but the macarons just really stand out to me.

The bakery is separate from the restaurant and opens really early at 7am. They have croissants and danishes along with sweets like cookies and eclairs. I had the hazelnut and raspberry croissant and it was quite good. The best part though is their macarons.

I tried the vanilla, hazelnut, and pistachio. All three were amazingly delicious but my favorite had to be vanilla. It tasted like pure vanilla bean and not too sweet. Their macarons are very large in size compared to other places yet it's cooked perfectly throughout. If you ever get a chance to visit, you must try their macarons!

They also have many packaged items you can purchase for gifts. They even have foie gras flavored biscuits for your dog.

Mmarthie
    4 Oct 20, 2012

Holy Macarons!

Those are huge! No wonder it's three, yes THREE dollars for one macaron. Bouchon specializes in these macarons aka French cookies that are crispy and chewy with a creamy flavor of your desire in the middle. I went with the Hazel Nut (which kind of tasted like peanut butter) and the espresso (nom nom for some coffee flavor). I loveeed them both but I'm not sure if $3 for one big macaron was worth it, since I'd rather pay $3 for a bunch of different mini flavors instead of just one big one.

Overall, quaint cute bakery with huge, yummy macarons!

Caroline Carlos
    3 Sep 29, 2012

A sweet (literally!) way to end your wine tour. The line is lengthy, but you won't notice it when you're tipsy (which I'm guessing a number of patrons are). You'll probably see a lot of the same people you observed at nearby wineries; it's a popular end-of-day stopover. This is such a girly thing to say, but...the desserts are pretty!

1,280 people visited Bouchon Bakery