One of the 9 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Bulgaria, the Boyana Church, at the foot of Mount Vitosha, in the southern suburbs of Sofia, is one of the few complete and perfectly preserved medieval monuments that have survived until the present day. It was built in three stages: 11th century, mid-13th century, and mid-19th century.
Things to do near Boyana Church
- 10.42 miул. Витошко лале 16, Sofia, Bulgaria0.42 mi from Boyana Church4 reviews
The historic and archeological collections of the National Historical Museum (the largest in Bulgaria) are displayed in the former Boyana Residence, where the last communist leader was removed from power in 1989. But this is no collection of simple farm implements, or rough uniforms. They have artifacts from the Bronze Age through Thracian gold, Roman relics, and on. Over the ...Popular with
- 24.82 miSofia, komplex "Iavorov" block 67, Sofia, Bulgaria4.82 mi from Boyana Church17 reviews
Tucked into a hidden valley the elegant architecture of the monastery provides a great contrast to the rugged landscape that surrounds it. I especially liked the murals depicting sinners in hell and the beautifully painted exterior walls and arches. The monastery is about 2 hours outside of Sofia, depending on traffic. It can also be reached by bus.Popular with
- 34.15 miPalace of Justice, Sofia, Bulgaria4.15 mi from Boyana Church6 reviews
After I read hundreds of reviews in other web site about this tour and how amazing, fun, knowledgeable it is, I decided to make a tour, although I am born in Sofia. I was amazed how many things I DID NOT KNOW about my own town!!! Story is described so colourful and with a great sense of humour. A lot ...Popular with
- 44.41 miSofia, Bulgaria4.41 mi from Boyana Church5 reviews
The St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is a Bulgarian Orthodox cathedral in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It is one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in the world, as well as one of Sofia's symbols and primary tourist attractions.
- 54.6 mibul. Tsarigradsko shousse 11, Sofia, Bulgaria4.6 mi from Boyana Church4 reviews
Lovely park! Very popular in the sunny weekends. Except green nature it offers also some attractions like walking water ball or horse riding. There are also a lot children play grounds. In the park there are a lot of coffee shops, which offers sandwiches, drinks and ice cream. The summer swimming pool complex and beach is also a nice place ...Popular with
- 64.31 miул. Дякон Игнатий 5, Sofia, Bulgaria4.31 mi from Boyana Church4 reviews
Located in the top centre of the town, near all landmarks. There is a park and fountain which makes this spot very preferable for walks in the summer.
- 74.61 mi
- 84.41 miSofia, Bulgaria4.41 mi from Boyana Church2 reviews
Sveta Nedelya or St. Nedelya square is in the heart and the very center of Sofia. At the square races the old and beautiful church with the same name. Behind the square is also Sheraton hotel. You cant miss the square, it has its own character and beauty. There is also a huge willow tree which offers great shadow during ...Popular with
- 93.34 mi
- 103.98 miSofia, ul. Al. Stamboliyski 101, България3.98 mi from Boyana Church2 reviews
The mall is one of the first in Sofia. Not the biggest, but the location is nearly in the city center, on a beautiful central boulevard. Prices in general in BG are not cheep even in the outlets. Mall offers everything, restaurants - visit Happy bar and grill, fast food, shops, supermarket, pharmacy, hairdressers and most important - 3D cinema, ...
- 114.04 mi
- 124.41 miSofia, Bulgaria4.41 mi from Boyana Church2 reviews
The church was built on the site of the Saray Mosque, which was destroyed in 1882, after the liberation of Bulgaria by Russia from the Ottoman Empire. The Russian Church is officially known as the Church of St Nicholas the Miracle-Maker.
- 133.61 miулица „Професор Фритьоф Нансен“ 43, Sofia, Bulgaria3.61 mi from Boyana Church2 reviews
House in the house
- 144.6 miTsar Osvoboditel 15, Sofia, Bulgaria4.6 mi from Boyana Church1 review
Build in 1888, this university is the oldest in Bulgaria. It is build with donation of two brothers -Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi. This is one of must see attractions in Sofia, the building is very impressive.
- 153.32 miJames Baucher 100, Sofia, Bulgaria3.32 mi from Boyana Church1 review
Captain Cook is a very stylish, elegant and chic restaurant, that serves sea food. The brand has 2 restaurants in Sofia and one in Varna. The food is great, the atmosphere and service also.
- 164.65 miDondukov 30, Sofia, Bulgaria4.65 mi from Boyana Church1 review
I have watched "La Bayadere" , it was great performance, very emotional. The interior is very nice with an old times feeling. The tickets are not expensive at all. Worth a visit !
- 174.54 miпл. Народно събрание, Sofia, Bulgaria4.54 mi from Boyana Church1 review
The National Assembly is the body of the legislative of Bulgaria.
- 183.82 mi
- 194.3 miулица „Иван Вазов“ 12А, Sofia, Bulgaria4.3 mi from Boyana Church1 review
- 204.33 mi