Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Local Culture
- 98%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Brennan's PubMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14
I had so much fun here on Thursday Turtle racing night! Starts at 9pm and show up early so you have a good spot to watch them.
Food was ok, just regular bar food. They also had a band perform cover songs inside the bar before the race started.
My friend Steph Y. rented a turtle and named it after me (yes, you get to choose and name the turtle for that night). We had no idea which one was hers during the race but it won 1st place at round 1!!! They gave her a VERY INTERESTING prize (oh and shiny ribbon). Thank god we did the first round because it was late and freezing outside. The game took forever NOT because the turtles were slow (they're pretty fast, and ADORABLE - see my pics), it's because they restarted the race every time someone pointed!!
Rule of the game: no pointing! If you point you have to pay up, penalty $$$ goes up if you do it the second time...third time you pay more and get kicked out of the bar (idk if they actually do that). If you don't have cash, they would gladly take your credit card. If you try to flirt your way out of it, everyone will boo you because you're holding up the game. I'm really impressed how they make money off of this.
When they call out your turtle for the game and you're a girl, they'll have you place your turtle in the middle...but you're not allowed to bend you knees. Make sure you wear pants. If you don't mind showing off you bootie in skirts then at least wear a cute underwear so you won't gross the audience out.
- show up early for good seats
- bring a coat
- RENT A TURTLE if its your first time (if you come early and rent one you won't have to wait forever for your turtle to race)
- ladies who are renting turtles (or have guy friends who's planning on renting one), don't wear skirts unless you want to show you're bootie (guys won't mind)
- cross your arms to avoid pointing!!!!!!Recommended for:
- Brennan's PubMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11First to Review
Thursday Turtle races!
hang out in the middle of La La land,
where the opposite of all this is everywhere.