Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Bristol PanamaOct 25, 2013
This place isn't just fancy, it's classy. I loved the art, both in the lobbies and the rooms – it didn't feel like the standard-issue-big-hotel art, but rather like someone's personal and beloved collection. The rooms are sizable, as are the bathrooms. There were nice touches, like a bowl of complimentary fresh fruit greeting you in the room. The hotel was going through a renovation and some signs of that were glaringly obvious – they could have made more of an effort to make the construction work a background activity, instead of a foreground activity. But that aside, I liked this place a lot.
- Bristol PanamaMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
We really enjoyed our stay at the Bristol. The rooms are comfortable, staff are friendly, service is excellent, and the property has plenty of distinctive / local touches to differentiate it from mass market chains.
- spacious rooms
- comfortable beds
- exceptional service
- high quality but very affordable food and beverage outlets
- concierge's ability to arrange top notch New Year's Eve event on short notice
- good value
Only issue we had at all was that taxis try to gouge hotel guests by charging 2-3x the standard price. Pay it and forget it if you don't want to haggle. Otherwise, we found we were able to get normal taxi rates if we pushed back and declined the first driver.
- Bristol PanamaJul 05, 2012
The Bristol in Panama City was a pleasure to visit. They must have hired a curator for all the paintings in the public areas alone. Polished marble in all the walkways takes you to an elevator that is adorned by hardwood panels. The standard rooms run $215 and include wifi. The Bristol, as the name implies, is definitely going for old-world charm. If you prefer a suite it will set you back $390 but includes 3 couches and 2 bathrooms and is suitable for entertaining guests at the formal dining table.
Excellent!403 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location100% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Room89% were happy with the bathroom.
- Wellness/Sportstop-notch fitness area, thought 71%.