Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 81%Local Culture
- 73%Family Travelers
- 56%Luxury Travelers
- 56%Budget Travelers
User Reviews (258)Write a review
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 9Nov 17, 2013
The walk to the palace is beautiful since its surrounded by gardens/parks. Definitely go to watch the changing of the guard. People stake out the area early, so stake out your spot for a good view! It's pretty neat watching guards behind the gate and in the street.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3Nov 16, 2013
It is best to go to see the change of the guard, I unfortunately missed it, but you can still visit, although there is not much to see other than the building itself and, of course, everything it represents.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Nov 13, 2013
Buckingham Palace is the official residence of the British monarch and is one of the most beautiful palaces in the world. Make sure to watch the changing of the guard and see how the guards really are stiff and will not move from their post! The Palace truly is a symbol of the British monarchy and stands the test of time and history!
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 29, 2013
I still don't get the hype. The building itself is impressive, but nothing remarkable. The tour was a bit too long for me and actually got somewhat monotonous after a while.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Oct 22, 2013
Simon Burrell of Our Man on the Ground recommends Buckingham Palace for the luxury traveler, "if only to pick up a few style tips!"
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Oct 19, 2013
I love watching the changing of the guards here no matter if it was the nth time I saw it. One thing though, I got complacent once, stayed a bit longer for photos then when I crossed the rotund to find I ur bus I got list! The buses looked all the same :)
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 03, 2013
Buckingham Palace is not quite as recognizable as the Houses of Parliament but it's certainly as important and as famous. Royal family enthusiasts should head here, the official residence of the reigning monarch. Each day at 11 AM the changing of the guard is greeted by much fanfare.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 12Aug 16, 2013
Also, not nearly as impressive as I had anticipated. Fairly plain looking for a palace, at least from the outside. Neat to see the guards marching about in person though.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofStudentsBackpackersAug 14, 2013
Beautiful and somehow modern - Buckingham Palace is the city residence of the Royal English Family. Aside from beautiful grounds and perfect photo ops, the changing of the guard ceremony is always an enjoyable show to witness.
Address:London SW1A 1AA, United Kingdom
Total Reviews:258 Reviews
Phone:020 7930 4832