About Buckingham Palace:
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 86%Local Culture
- 82%Family Travelers
- 62%Budget Travelers
- 59%Art & Design Lovers
- 55%Luxury Travelers
User Reviews (263 Reviews)
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 9Feb 26, 2014
One of the few tours that's actually worth it. But even if guided tours aren't your thing, just snap a couple of shots, particularly of the gardens out front.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofSpiritual SeekersFeb 05, 2014
At the end of the Mall - where Queen Liz lives. One of the places you'll probably regret NOT visiting. It is worth it, though you can only look through the railings. There is a museum there though, which does sometimes have great exhibitions on.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Feb 01, 2014
Also, not nearly as impressive as I had anticipated. Fairly plain looking for a palace, at least from the outside. Neat to see the guards marching about in person though.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Dec 31, 2013
I still don't get the hype. The building itself is impressive, but nothing remarkable. The tour was a bit too long for me and actually got somewhat monotonous after a while.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4Dec 17, 2013
Buckingham Palace is the residence of the monarchy of Great Britain, in this case, the House of Windsor. Not only is this where the Queen resides, but Buckingham is also her "office" so to speak.
- Buckingham PalaceAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 9Nov 17, 2013
The walk to the palace is beautiful since its surrounded by gardens/parks. Definitely go to watch the changing of the guard. People stake out the area early, so stake out your spot for a good view! It's pretty neat watching guards behind the gate and in the street.
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3Nov 16, 2013
It is best to go to see the change of the guard, I unfortunately missed it, but you can still visit, although there is not much to see other than the building itself and, of course, everything it represents.
- Buckingham PalaceAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Nov 13, 2013
Buckingham Palace is the official residence of the British monarch and is one of the most beautiful palaces in the world. Make sure to watch the changing of the guard and see how the guards really are stiff and will not move from their post! The Palace truly is a symbol of the British monarchy and stands the test of time and history!
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Oct 22, 2013
Simon Burrell of Our Man on the Ground recommends Buckingham Palace for the luxury traveler, "if only to pick up a few style tips!"
- Buckingham PalaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Oct 19, 2013
I love watching the changing of the guards here no matter if it was the nth time I saw it. One thing though, I got complacent once, stayed a bit longer for photos then when I crossed the rotund to find I ur bus I got list! The buses looked all the same :)
Things to Do Near Buckingham PalaceSee more nearby things to do
Restaurants Near Buckingham PalaceSee more nearby restaurants
Aliases: Changing of the Guard