Butchart Gardens

800 Benvenuto Avenue, Victoria, BC V8M 1J8, Canada
Butchart Gardens

• Butchart Gardens

Butchart Gardens is really beautiful and totally worth going. I have been here twice, but it was a really long time ago, but the memories are still really vivid. It's one of the best gardens I have ever been to.

The colors are vivid and flowers are gorgeous. The layout is really nice too and makes for a wonderful side trip from Vancouver, if you're making the trip to Victoria.

The admission is pricey, but experiences are the reason you travel, and this place is worth it. It's a photographer's dream with so many beautiful flowers and landscaping.

Recommended for:Outdoor EnthusiastsArt & Design Lovers
  • Butchart Gardens

Most beautiful gardens. I suggest going a few hours before dark so you see the gardens at day/night.

Recommended for:Outdoor Enthusiasts
  • Butchart Gardens

800 Benvenuto Ave, Brentwood Bay. http://www.butchartgardens.com/. 5 different major gardens. Saturday Fireworks.

• Butchart GardensPro 2014

You could spend hours here walking through the various paths and looking at all of the different flowers and plants.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFamily TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Butchart Gardens

World famous Butchart Gardens are a MUST see and do, even it you THINK you don't care for gardens. 5 seasons of ever-changing displays, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Christmas. Summers bring lovely evenings on the concert lawn with live entertainment every night (bring a blanket and a picnic). All 10 Saturdays in the summer feature a jaw dropping, dazzling fireworks show, unlike any other you've seen, with both aerial and ground displays choreographed to show tunes. A full 45 minutes. If you're going, let us know and we'll provide our own 'tips' on how to navigate the event with ease. We've also enjoyed the 45 minute boat cruise around Tod Inlet (for an additional fee) with history commentary provided by the Captain. We've done this several times and each time we seem to learn something new. Christmas season the gardens are all a twinkle! Absolutely magical light display. For those of you, who are having a longer stay in our vacation rental home, Deep Cove Retreat, you might like to know that the season pass costs not much more than one admission and it's nice to be able to go back as many times as you like (some restrictions on fireworks and special event nights). Dogs on leash are allowed to come with you! We find this just charming.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFamily TravelersHistory BuffsOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Butchart GardensPro 2014

Can be a day trip from Vancouver. Your hotel concierge can recommend a tour operator to pick you up, place you on a ferry and get you to the gardens for a lovely day trip.

Recommended for:Family TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Butchart GardensPro 2014

Until I visited here I hadn't been a great fan of gardens. However, even on a soaking wet afternoon the vividness of the colours caught my imagination.

• Butchart Gardens

If you like flowers, manicured gardens and that sort of thing you'll love this place. Its a great place to take your grandparents - they'll love it and you might too.

Recommended for:Family TravelersGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Butchart Gardens

The Butchart gardens are amazing. We took a trip to the Gardens while we were in Victoria. They are very well connected with public transport and we just needed 1 bus from the inner harbour to get to the gardens. There's a bus that comes back from within the Gardens as well. Very well maintained and manicured; there's hardly a weed in sight. The Gardens employ 50 gardeners and they are still privately owned. The Rose Garden is an absolute delight. Victoria should be called the city of flowers - there are so many flowers all around Victoria and the Butchart Gardens top the list. It is a very touristy place though. Too many people. We were advised that there are fireworks in the evening but based on our schedule, that timing wasn't feasible for us.

Recommended for:Family TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Butchart Gardens

Fabulous Gardens, a favourite tourist spot for all ages, and especially magical in Spring and Summer-easy to get to from our home.

• Butchart Gardens

Easy to get to via Victoria City Transit bus #70x which departs from just across the street from our building

• Butchart Gardens

The only thing I remember from our trip to Victoria. If you love flowers, you can't miss this famous garden.

• Butchart Gardens

We came here and the butterfly gardens. We were sad we didn't get as much time before the sun set because of the cruise timeline but the amazing thing we got to see we're the world class fireworks. Honestly,it was the best fireworks show I've ever seen, better than Disneyland. I'm not a fireworks chaser so I don't know if there is another place that is known for spectacular fireworks but this place is number one in my book. The sunken gardens is incredible and looks amazing in photos. Too bad the sun set so damn early. Blame nature.

• Butchart Gardens

When first arriving at Butchart Gardens my companions were rather stunned by the high admission fees, but once we started touring the gardens all admitted it was worth every penny. (There is no admission charge for chickens.) The locals advise that concerts are held at the Gardens at various times through the summer months. It would be fun to tour the gardens and then stay for a concert. I would go back the next time I am in Victoria.

• Butchart Gardens

There is truly no place like it. The Summer is a "given" for the time to visit but my favourite by far is the lights in the Winter.

• Butchart Gardens

this is a must see in the summer my favorite spot the japamese garden in there very smoothing andd love it when your other sister sang

• Butchart Gardens

Beautiful story of people who took something not good and turned it into a gorgeous garden, unmatchable on the continent. If you are in Victoria, you must see the Butchart Gardens.

• Butchart Gardens

One's of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. There you can find most of the principals gardens around the World. Italian, French, Japanise...

• Butchart GardensPro 2014

The Butchart Gardens is a group of floral display gardens in Brentwood Bay, an easy 75X BC Transit bus ride up from Downtown Victoria. These internationally acclaimed gardens were created after Robert Butchart exhausted the limestone quarry near his Tod Inlet home. His wife Jenny gradually landscaped the deserted eyesore into the resplendent Sunken Garden, who opened it for later for public display. Over the years, a Rose Garden, Italian Garden, and Japanese Garden have been added. Butchart Gardens is still in the family and now display more than a million plants throughout the year. Gayle and I were also told that over 50 gardeners are employed, and they obviously take great care of the place, and there's hardly a weed in sight.

It was too early for Roses, but the Tulips (the first flowers I gave Gayle after we met) were in full and gorgeous bloom. We particularly enjoyed the Sunken and Japanese Gardens. We were also happy to get here early, as Butchart Gardens is a popular place. I could write more about the floral displays and grounds, but I'll let my pictures do the rest of the talking.

An extra treat for us was paying the little extra for the boat tour from the Butchart Garden Dock and admiring the property, the Inlet, the various boats and docks, the nearby town (where we had Lunch later) from the water. Captain Jack was great and as a bonus, we got a very personal history of this place and the dedication of the great people who work here.

• Butchart Gardens

I have to say that Victoria is small but it has so many beautiful places to visit. The Butchart Gardens without any doubt are the most beautiful botanic gardens that I even been to. I visited many gardens in the US and Europe and this is one of a kind. Don't miss it!

A stunning group of display gardens in Victoria, Butchart Gardens, is an internationally-acclaimed destination. Started by a local family in the 20th century, Butchart Gardens remains owned and operated by the same owners. In addition to the many floral displays found throughout the attraction, Butchart Gardens is also home to many incredible sculptures and statues. Seasonal decorations and entertainment add to the atmosphere of the gardens, with performances by local musicians. The Children's Pavilion and Rose Carousel was added to the facility in 2009, and includes a menagerie of over 30 different animals.

255 people visited Butchart Gardens