Cafe Mambo

30 Baldwin Ave, Paia, HI 96779

Katie McMillan
    5 Oct 05, 2013

One of my favorite dishes to share is the Pinchos Platter. It's a bit of a carnivorous feast but the grilled chicken and steak are cooked to perfections. it's huge which is perfect to share with a glass of wine. Also, Paia is a great place to people watch. So many colorful people cruising around. Cafe Mambo is in the perfect location.

Janett Riebe

This is my favorite spot in Maui:

- Mouth-watering burgers
    - Best pina coladas & fresh fruit cocktails
    - Lovely local art work and ambiance

Jenny Rowe

So great! I enjoyed an organic Maui cattle company burger that was everything I hoped for and more. We arrived at the start of dinner rush and even though there were only two servers working the service was fast and extra friendly. Our waitress Megan made great suggestions and took care of all our needs. The atmosphere was relaxed and modern. I will definitely return on my next trip to Paia.

Ben

Cafe Mambo was the last place I ate at the end of my first ever weekend in Maui, and it certainly provided a memorable finale. My girlfriend and I road up and down the main strip on Paia a few times hoping to find a place to eat that caught our eyes, but even after getting out and walking a ways, nothing stood out too much. Just when we were about to settle we noticed that the restaurants and boutiques lining the road proceeded inland along Baldwin Ave. We made our way down the road here, and immediately noticed Cafe Mambo. Touting some of the best burgers in the state, and home to organic Maui beef, Mambo's seemed to be exactly what we were looking for. We ordered onion rings, a Maui burger, and Maui steak Fajitas, all of which was absolutely delicious. Our server Megan was delightful and attentive, and the overall ambiance inside was very comfortable. Though it wasn't in use while I was there, they have a projector set up that I assume provides visual entertainment certain nights of the week, even though the food alone is enough to draw large crowds without it. My only regret is I was simply too full to finish off the last few morsels from my girlfriend's plate. Cafe Mambo is an exceptional restaurant that I am grateful to have had an opportunity to enjoy as one of my last Maui memories.

Betty N.

**DUCK FAJITAS DUCK FAJITAS DUCK FAJITAS DUCK FAJITAS**

Did I mention their DUCK FAJITAS??!!

Cute beachy cafe on Baldwin with bright colors and modern decor.

Staff was friendly and if you want fast service, you should go to the counter and order.

ORDERED:

*DUCK FAJITAS for 2 ($31.95) - Most creative and best thing that ever happened to fajitas. The black beans, the guac, cheese, etc. were fantastic complements with the crispy moist duck meat wrapped inside a warm tortilla.

*MAUI SMOOTHIE ($4.75) - Strawberry and Pineapple flavors. Too sugary sweet for me. I would skip this next time and order beer instead.

Fajitas, smoothies, and tax was $50.

Not cheap, but then again, it's Maui.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND the duck fajitas.

Innovar Homes
    5 May 25, 2013

Fun atmosphere with affordable fresh food!

Judith P
    5 May 17, 2013

Wonderful hamburgers with a very good beer selection.

Barry Smith
    4 May 03, 2013

Best Curry dish I ever had!

Daniel Berg-Johnsen
    4 Mar 12, 2013

Good prices, easy relaxed lunch

Randy Mills
    4 Feb 23, 2013

The duck fajitas here are fantastic! They also serve local beer and sometimes show movies!

Sam Edelson

friendly service, duck burger is spectacular. chill environment.

241 people visited Cafe Mambo

Paia is one of Maui's most charming little towns, and it is topped off with a bustling main strip that has a nice selection of tourist friendly boutiques and restaurants. Take a stroll along the sidewalk here and you will easily find plenty to eat and purchase, but don't make your selection before checking out the collection of shops located just off the main road on Baldwin Ave. You probably ... read more
won't notice Cafe Mambo unless you venture a little ways down this avenue, but it's certainly worth seeking out. They offer a variety of Mexican, Hawaiian, and American cuisine served up in a comfortable little dining area, and serviced by a cheerful staff. In addition to being a popular place to grab a drink, they offer up Maui grown organic beef, making their burgers and fajitas some of the best in the state. As is stated before, it's not the most immediately noticeable restaurant in Paia, but it just might be home to the area's best food.

Paia Inn Hotel