California Othon Classic
Phone:+55 21 2132 1900
- Business Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Car Rental Desk
- Mini Bar In Room
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- California Othon ClassicMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2First to ReviewOct 21, 2013
California Othon Classic is based at Copacabana Beach. The hotel is a bit dated and run-down. However, it is due for renovation within the next several months, so hopefully it will look more modern. Regardless, if you want a stay at a hotel right by the beach and are on a budget, then you might consider staying here.Recommended for:Budget Travelers
- California Othon ClassicJan 18, 2013
California Othon Classic.. Bang in the centre of Copacabana beach and fantastically positioned this hotel is an old fashioned locale somewhat lacking in character and slightly over shadowed by its more modern younger brothers near by.
The location is fantastic. Walk out of the front door and day or night you are surrounded by endless possibilities. Copacabana has beachfront kiosks and restaurants some of which are open 24 hours and are easily accessible from the hotel. You are also very close to the local metro station Siqueira Campos, and for only 2.50 Brasilian Reals the beachfront mini vans will take you all the way to Centro.
Be careful if walking on the beach after dark or for sunset though around this location.
Mediocre426 reviews across the web.
- Location100% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Food93% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Service87% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel74% thought it was rather dirty.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is not very nice. It had 67% negative mentions.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 63% of guests gave positive feedback.