- Alpine Inn715 W. Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802recommended Alpine InnCheap. Great location. Fun decor!
- Candy Cane Inn1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802recommended Candy Cane Innrecommended Candy Cane InnA simple motel that's been a reliable deal for decades, the Candy Cane Inn is within easy walking distance of Disneyland. That way, you can come back in the afternoon to take a nap and have a swim ... read moreafter lunch, then head back to the park after dinner and stay up late to catch the fireworks. It's nothing fancy, but the candy-cane decor is whimsically cute.Sara Benson
Very near the parks, and usually motels don't get much cheaper than this. I've also had good luck bidding for Anaheim hotels on Priceline, or you could also use the free mobile app Hotel Tonight to book a same-day discounted room.
- Anabella Hotel1030 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802recommended Anabella HotelIf you're looking for a hotel next to Disneyland, Anabella is paradise. The restaurant has live music pretty often too. And it's a quick walk from Downtown Disney.
- Crowne Plaza Resort Hotel Anaheim-Garden Grove12021 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, CA 92840recommended Crowne Plaza Resort Hotel Anaheim-Garden GroveThis Crowne Plaza is conveniently located just an 8 minute drive down the street from Disneyland. The $14/day resort fee includes a free shuttle to Disneyland that leaves every 20 minutes, as well as ... read morewifi access, use of the pool, self parking, access to the fitness center, and use of the business center. Room rates are extremely inexpensive at $104 for a king room, and if you name your own price on Priceline, you could score a room for $50 depending on the availability. Rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. Families will appreciate that they even have bunk beds in some of the rooms. I mean, as a kid, I loved sleeping in bunk beds! Right across the street, there's a Target which is great for getting those items you may have forgotten to pack and refreshments you can keep in your in-room mini fridge. There's also a Outback Steakhouse and Joe's Crab Shack across the parking lot if you want to grab a bite or drink - a bit better than a fast food joint! Make sure you also go to Joe's Italian Ice down the street - best Italian Ice in the area! They also offer Disneyland Vacation packages starting at $179. You can also purchase Disneyland tickets at one of the desks in the lobby so you can bypass ticket lines at the park.Connie Pistilli
This is a great hotel - nice accommodations and there's a free shuttle to Disneyland every 20 mins. If you Priceline Garden Grove hotels, this is typically what you will be set up with, and people have gotten it for $50-$80/night!
- Downtown Disney2083 Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806-6067recommended Downtown DisneyI recall, during a dark night illuminated only by Downtown Disney's numerous twinkling lights, seeing a boy no older than I getting down on one knee and proposing to his girlfriend here. Initially, I ... read morewondered why anyone would want to propose in a theme park shopping district. Looking around, however, I realized that there were few places as both festive and serene as Downtown Disney. It was a beautiful scene. It just happened to take place in a theme park shopping district. Downtown Disney is my number-one recommended attraction for those just arriving into Anaheim but don't wish to waste a ticket on a half-day at the two parks. It's free, full of Disney magic and easy to get to. You can pick up Disney merch at the World of Disney while dining at some world-class restaurants. Additionally, sports fans should love ESPN Zone.Keane
I once saw a guy propose to a girl here. Just sayin' ;)
- Blue Bayou1313 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CArecommended Blue BayouWhat a fun restaurant. Head to this restaurant located within the Pirates of the Caribbean early and place a reservation. Your table offers you a view of passing riders (unknowingly about to plunge ... read moreinto the depths of pirate hell). Service is friendly, the ambience is undeniably romantic and the dinner rolls are warm. The star here is the Monte Cristo, a sizzled ham sandwich served with a side of sweet jam.Keane
Head here early in the day and book a reservation with your bf. It's probably the most ambient restaurant I've ever been in, and they serve a pretty intense Monte Cristo (their most popular entree). You also get to watch boats sail off in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride :)
- Howard Johnson Hotel & Water Playground - Disneyland1380 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802recommended Howard Johnson Hotel & Water Playground - DisneylandAh, Disneyland. The most magical place on earth. And when you're at Disneyland, you want your entire vacation experience to be magical. For those of us who don't want to pay the high cost of staying ... read morein the Disney Resort, we look outside to the row of hotels along South Harbor Boulevard. The Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel is indeed close to the Magic Kingdom. It's a nice enough place located at the farthest end of the strip of hotels. It's not a far walk, but come end-of-night when you're walking back here, you'll be wondering why you didn't try to book a room in any of the eight or so other hotels you'd be passing. For those that cannot walk, there is a shuttle that takes you right to the Park's front gate. This shuttle is very untimely, however, and you may find yourself better served by simply walking. The closest restaurant is the Mimi's Cafe across the parking lot. This is a fine chain restaurant, though pricier and less convenient than a McDonald's. I doubt you'd want to eat here every night. Finally, I don't recall the price of this hotel being much less than any of the better situated hotels. Howard Johnson is a fine hotel company with good service, so I was pleased with my overall experience here. Next time, however, I'd love to stay in a hotel closer to the hustle and bustle.Keane
This is a great street to stay on. The HJ is the furthest away, but it's nice. I highly recommend staying here, as you can easily walk to the Disney park via the "migration path" that they have. Plus you get to walk with all the other Disney lovers :)
- Hotel Menage1221 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805recommended Hotel MenageAway from the kitschy Mickey Mouse hat-wearing crowds in Anaheim, this boutique hotel nearer the freeway is a chic hideaway, especially for couples or business travelers (though both pets and kids are ... read morealso welcome). Business center, fitness center, swimming pool, lively restaurant and bar -- basically it's a slightly cooler scene than hotels near the theme parks. You can catch an Anaheim shuttle to Disneyland right outside the hotel.Sara Benson
If you want to pay a little more for a lot of amenities, and a cooler atmosphere, this place sometimes offers great online deals.
- Best Western Raffles Inn and Suites Anaheim2040 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802recommended Best Western Raffles Inn and Suites AnaheimA decent place to stay with multiple families in tow. A few blocks away from the Park, with shuttle service available. Free breakfast in the mornings.Jeff Tang
We got a 1BR w/kitchenette for about $82/nt back in 2010. Could easily sleep 4 on the queen (bedroom) and queen (living space), plus their might have even been a pull out couch.