Canyon Plaza Resort
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 74%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Canyon Plaza ResortMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersAdventure TravelersNov 28, 2013
Not a bad place to stay. You're a few miles outside of the park but the rooms are relatively inexpensive and there are some conveniences you won't find inside the park.
- Canyon Plaza ResortMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
The word "resort" should definitely not be associated with this hotel. There is nothing resort-like about the property. Yes, it does have an old pool and jacuzzi area but this is really just an overpriced road side motel.
- was able to get late availability (easy to see why)
- very close to the National Park.
- friendly staff
- willingness to let me park after check out so that I could do a few days of hiking in the canyon
- overpriced for the quality. This place would not be more than $99 a night anywhere else
- horrible restaurant. The staff thought that chicken was "vegetarian" and the only real veggie entree option on the menu was spaghetti with butter sauce (seriously?)
- dingy rooms
- worthless wireless internet service (i.e., incredibly slow). Free but nowhere near high speed
My room was at least clean / in relatively good condition. Another traveler that I met complained that her room had plaster falling from the ceiling.
Poor1596 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Location90% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- Hotel69% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.
- ServiceOnly 68% found the staff to be friendly enough.
- GroundsPool was decent, said only 59%.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building. Only 52% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- Food51% found the breakfast to be acceptable.
Dining options at Canyon Plaza Resort include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Recreational amenities include a spa tub. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Grand Canyon property has event space consisting of banquet facilities and small meeting rooms. Concierge services and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff, gift shops/newsstands, and self parking.
There are 232 guestrooms at Canyon Plaza Resort. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Televisions have pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include coffee/tea makers, blackout drapes/curtains, electronic check out, and electronic/magnetic keys. Housekeeping is offered and guests may request wake up calls. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.
Notifications and Fees:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Pets: US$ 50 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.