Captain Kidd's Fish Market & Restaurant
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 70%Local Culture
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 60%Business Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (11)
- Captain Kidd's Fish Market & RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 1Oct 30, 2013
Great place to get your hard core seafood on. They'll steam whole crabs for you and you can get some sashimi too. Of course, there's also plenty of fish and shrimp, scallops and oysters and anything else you'd want to eat from the ocean as well.Recommended for:Foodies
- Captain Kidd's Fish Market & RestaurantCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 16, 2013
Fantastic seafood. Very fresh and quick. Captain kidds is right off the Redondo Beach pier, so the view of the ocean is breathtaking on a nice la day as well. The seafood is very reasonably priced for the quality and quantity. I got six king oysters for $9 and 1 pound of blue crab claws for $22! Unheard of! I just tried the sea bass and it was cooked to perfection! If the seafood isn't fresh, the owner doesn't buy, so you know the food is good here!
- Captain Kidd's Fish Market & Restaurant
- Captain Kidd's Fish Market & RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 10Apr 05, 2013
The best seafood! My family and I always go here when we visit Cali. The restaurant is right off the pier so the view is wonderful. You choose which live crab you want to eat. The staff is super friendly and cheerful, they would make jokes and made our experiences memorable. ^_^ they also took a spider crab out for me to take pictures of with my SLR. The price is very reasonable and worth for what you are getting. I definitely recommend this place to everyone i meet who are going to the Redondo beach area.
- Captain Kidd's Fish Market & RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Jul 04, 2012
Captain Kidd's has fresh seafood prepared the way you want. You can order fish, scallops, shrimp, etc. and they can fry, bake, or grill it for you. If the salmon or tuna is looking particularly fresh, have them cut you some sashimi too.