One of the best places in Costa Rica for birdwatching.
Things to do near Carara National Park for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 117.76 mi17.76 mi from Carara National Park3 reviews
One of the longest lefts in the world, this is just about my favorite surf break anywhere. Surfing here made me a longboard convert, even though its just not the same experience anywhere else. One word of caution, watch out for the crocs if you get too close to the river mouth!Popular withOutdoorGreenAdventure
- 212.55 mi
- 313.25 mi13.25 mi from Carara National Park4 reviews
One of our guests' favorites: This is the closest you're going to get to a huge 2 ton crocodile in the wild (not even in a zoo). You can literally touch the crocodile (someone did in our boat and the crocodile just slipped away). They feed the crocodile inches away with her mouth wide open. The boat seats are close ...Popular withFamiliesAdventureOutdoor
- 411.39 mi11.39 mi from Carara National Park7 reviews
A great arrival or first night gathering spot. The Hook Up Restaurant above the Marina with incredible views and great food and drinks is the perfect spot to soak in that you have arrived! From Pizza, steak, burgers and great American dishes to authentic Costa Rican Cuisine and some of the best Ceviche around this place is perfect to spend ...Popular withFamiliesLuxuryBusiness
- 512.53 mi
- 66.15 mi6.15 mi from Carara National Park7 reviews
Home of the crocs, this is where many crocodiles gather together, you can see these prhistoric animals from the bridge that everybody passes coming from Juan Santamaria airport, definitely a must see and just 30 minutes away from our vacation home. You can also do tours in boats where they will feed the crocs and you are able to get ...
- 712.37 mi12.37 mi from Carara National Park5 reviews
No worries for cash. A 2.00 fee for each transaction last time I was there but easy to find and several around town and at the Los Suenos Marriot resort in Herradura 5 miles up the road.
- 89.8 mi9.8 mi from Carara National Park5 reviews
Inka Grill, American-style supermarket, Optical store, Subway, Pizza Hut, Ice Cream Parlor, Bank/ATM, Shops, More...
- 917.45 mi
- 1012.45 mi12.45 mi from Carara National Park2 reviews
Ok another 5 star. Catch a movie while your there. Small and quaint - but what ain't here in Costa Rica?
- 1112.59 mi12.59 mi from Carara National Park2 reviews
There are many good ones... most have an English speaking Pharmacist who can diagnose and dispense 'Stateside prescription medicines' over the counter.
- 1218.39 mi18.39 mi from Carara National Park1 review
An authentic "Tico" mountain town. Visit the local farmer's market, sample the local cuisine. You can travel the whole world and you will never meet friendlier people than the local Costa Ricans...
- 1312.37 mi12.37 mi from Carara National Park1 review
Inexpensive, dependable travel
- 1410.61 mi10.61 mi from Carara National Park1 review
1-506-2637-8484 office firstname.lastname@example.org Vacation Rentals, Sportfishing, Massages, Tour desk, R E, Transfer, Catering & more Your front desk: Located on Herradura Beach Road From the intersection of Costanera highway and Herradura beach rd (Shopping center Herradura)1 km West, right hand side. Open 8AM-5PM
- 1518.17 mi18.17 mi from Carara National Park1 review
The Gulf boasts marine and coastal areas, including wetlands, jagged rocky islands and cliffs, extensive mangrove habitat, and significant biodiversity.
- 1615.15 mi15.15 mi from Carara National Park1 review
Modern air conditioned grocery store.
- 1712.55 mi12.55 mi from Carara National Park1 review
Of the operators and tour guides in Jaco Beach, these guys are probably the best. At least the most honest (which is really a plus); meaning not looking to rip you off. THey have all sorts of activities that you can choose. If you are not of the feint of heart, I would check out the ATV tour. They take ...
- 1818.26 mi18.26 mi from Carara National Park1 review
– serves pupusas Pupusas are a think corn tortilla that is stuffed with a variety of ingredients, most commonly, cheese, pork, and refried beans. You can choose what you would like inside your pupusa. Directions: From the gas station, in the direction of the airport, 1 mile on the right hand side, right beside Don Yayos restaurant.
- 1936.11 mi36.11 mi from Carara National Park4 reviews
Quiet beach w beautiful lava rocks & pools. I've been here twice now for modeling & I love love love this place! Definitely a hippe village. A must go!!!!Popular withFamiliesAdventureOutdoor
- 2036.76 mi36.76 mi from Carara National Park5 reviews
Beautiful hike up from the town to a double water-fall (one upper and one lower). The way is slippery and muddy, and you need to do some scrambling, so don't go without some good shoes. There are some spots for cliff jumping if you are not too scared.Popular withAdventureFamiliesOutdoor