Casa Velas Boutique Hotel

Pelícanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico

Feb 22-28, 2014
    Casa Velas
    Puerto Vallarta

Best Birthday Ever and a Heavenly stay at Casa Velas as well!

We arrived to Casa Velas on my birthday, and goodness did they make it special. A sign upon arrival wishing me Happy Birthday and then a special room for the night, which has many staff member in it as a surprise along with balloons and a cake. What a special treat for a frequent guest! Obviously arranged by Denise the chief concierge. Always a pleasure to deal with.

Check in and check out went without event with Oscar, Marco, Joel and Jorge as bellboys. Gala was the receptionist who put on our bracelets and our vacation began.

The hostess' at Emiliano restaurant made each visit a pleasure. Always smiling and welcoming thank you to LizBeth, Victoria & Karen.
    There was a new menu this time at Emiliano since my last visit and all was good, though desserts could use some sprucing up. I will mention some dishes that we really enjoyed, such as Crab cakes, Watercress Salmon pistachio soup, Osso Bucco, Portabello Mushroom with Shrimp, Chile Relleno with Seafood, ( incredible) , Salmon. We enjoyed the Chef's special dinner one night with special guest Sommelier Danny. Very special night indeed.
    We also really enjoyed Latin night in lobby with Latin dancers. I even danced the Salsa, mind you I have no clue how to dance and had on high heels but a good dance partner makes huge difference. This was a thrill I shall never forget.
    I shall try to thank all the special waiters hope I do not forget anyone such as Ecker the restuarant manager, Rene, Rogelio,Miguel, Leonel, Manuel, Bernadino, Gelberto and Miguel. The service was improved from other visits and drinks came much more timely. Ah yes let us not forget Benny who livens up the lobby bar for sure with awesome service and fun. We did have an incredible cheesecake one night for dessert which was not on menu. Yum! We had some really great differnt drinks how about an Orgasm Martini? Or Mexican faming coffee, we had that a few times, what a skill.
    My only concern with Emiliano , which is fine dining at night was the lack of enforcement of a dress code as in the past. I know many men do not like long pants in warm weather but shorts at night in Emiliano just took away from the entire atmosphere and experience. I still will boast Emiliano as being the best restaurant in Puerto Vallarta.

Our room, accommodations, parking, security, room service, mini bar and all of those things was perfect as usual. Maid service was great and turn down service which we usually do not utilize was very nice. I am not going to go into description of room etc. as I have described it before, since we tend to request the village ( villa units), jacuzzi, plunge pool etc. All our breakfast were room service and either in room or on balcony by plunge pool.

Occupancy was very high so that was fun. Lots of folks at swim up bar, and beach club etc. The Beach club was as usual very nice. They also have a new menu, I missed some of the old items but it was good anyway. I really love the beach club as so private as opposed to resort right on beach. A quick free shuttle in A/C van and you are there. Perfect!

They have some new things at Casa Velas such as a handbag bar, where you can borrow a designer evening bag for the night, pretty authentic. Free internet throughout the resort , no limit on devices, a new welcome addition...might I add yippee!! This made hubby really happy as he does work while on vacation.

They have increased the concierge team which makes everything so much quicker and easier. Denisse the chief concierge has really stepped up to the plate and her new counterparts Rangel ( so persistent) and Jairo, just complement this team. Everything down to the tiniest detail was taken care of, Plus!

We had friends also staying at same time at Casa Velas and they were just so so impressed with the atmosphere, the grounds, rooms, tranquility, service, pampering and relaxation. We all thought the food was phenomenal, the staff incredible due to their never ending attitude of aiming to please and they do. They are so friendly and pampering but not pretentious.
    I myself had the feeling of Being Home as a Queen!

The pool on site was perfect temperature. The service by pool had also increased in number and perfection. We seemed to almost always get Hector but the other guys were just as good. We did encounter a few days where it was almost crowded at pool, so maybe a few more loungers in high season might be in order, but a staff member always made sure everyone had a place.

So what more can I say, after years of returning to Casa Velas and so so many stays they just keep improving. I will continue to return many times over. I have tried so many resorts and none can compare. So I remain a Casa Velas huge fan. You must try it.. at least once!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersWellness

Who Should Go: Couples looking for quiet and romance

Why: Live like colonial gentry at Casa Velas, an all-suite boutique hotel and ocean club in Puerto Vallarta. The quiet grounds—manicured tropical gardens, koi ponds, a curvaceous swimming pool, inviting patios—and attentive and discreet staff will have you convinced that you’re staying at a five-star hotel. The oversized suites feature private plunge pools or outdoor Jacuzzis. While Casa Velas is not on the beach, it maintains a private beach club with its own restaurant, lounge, infinity pool, and cabanas. The recently renovated spa offers five treatment rooms if you can remember anything that ails you in these dreamy surroundings.

The Dollars: Suites from $320 per person.

• Casa Velas Boutique Hotel

Excellent!109 reviews across the web.

• This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Hotel Building
    100% loved the terrace.
    96% thought it was clean.
  • Service
    88% thought the service was very professional.
    80% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
    73% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
  • Grounds
    Beautiful grounds.
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

This property is located close to the airport. Attractions in the neighborhood include Marina Golf Club and El Faro Lighthouse. Another nearby attraction is Marina Vallarta.

Features.
This property is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at on site dining establishments, taxes, and gratuities. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities. Dining options at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique & Beach Club All Inclusive include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a health club, a spa tub, and a fitness facility. Spa amenities include spa services and a hair salon. This 4.5 star property has a business center and offers audio visual equipment and business services. This Puerto Vallarta property has event space consisting of banquet facilities and conference/meeting rooms. The property offers an airport shuttle (surcharge). Concierge services, translation services, and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a library, a poolside bar, and valet parking.

Guestrooms.
There are 81

... read more
guestrooms at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique & Beach Club All Inclusive. Guestrooms have balconies. Beds come with premium bedding. Bathrooms feature phones, designer toiletries, bathrobes, and hair dryers. In addition to CD players, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail and free local calls. Televisions have pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Guests may request extra towels/bedding and wake up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available.

Notifications:

• Children 16 years old and younger are not permitted at this property.

22 people visited Casa Velas Boutique Hotel