Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel Auckland
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel AucklandMember ofAdventure TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 1Nov 13, 2013
This is a great spot: clean, comfortable, spacious, great price, great location. Many pros, definitely stay here again.
Take note! There are 2 cons that are worth knowing before you book:
1. PARKING. If you're bringing a car, there is no on-site parking. Instead, you get to participate in a stunt driving course, as you have to pull through a bus lane and into a tiny 1.5 car-width alley to unload your car (and hope no one else is trying to get in or out) and then get back out and park your car a block away. The parking IS secure, but it's not on the premises.
2. WIFI. There is none. If you can plug your computer into the internet jack then you're good, but if you have a newer Macbook you're out of luck. Wifi is non-existent here, so your best bet is to walk down to Esquire's or to the waterfront and find some free wifi.
- Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel AucklandNov 23, 2013
We rented a studio on the 7th floor for $141 NZ/night and it was great.
We even had fairly good views although that mostly means of streets and other tall buildings.
.We stayed two nights.
The location is very convenient to LOTS of shopping and restaurants
and stops for the free buses are just around the corner.
The excellent quality Wi-Fi was much appreciated.
It has to be one of the best values in downtown Auckland City
Our wives loved it... no doubt we would stay again.
Security is quite tight (that's a good thing).
.The apartment was spacious and squeaky clean and looked like everything was new.
Very nice washer and dryer.good size kitchen We had lots of travel clothes to wash.
Like a lot of places in NZ & Australia, you have to put your room key into a receptacle
to enable lights and HVAC while you are there.
.Even lights in the hallways used sensors to turn some lights on only when someone was present.
They have a big storage room for storing your luggage so you can check out and
store it until you need to leave with it.
The staff was always friendly and helpful. IT was very good stay
- Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel AucklandSep 13, 2013
Hotel was centrally located & easy to find. The front desk staff were absolutely fantastic providing assistance & always very cheery. The only minor issue was room wasn't quite ready at 2pm when we checked in otherwise it was a fanstactic stay @ a very affordable, comfortable luxurious venue, catered to our needs very much. the front desk team were top notch ... we've stayed at some other hotels in the city & the front staff weren't so pleasant hence we didn't go back but we will definitely be back to stay in the near future .
We had a 2 bedroom apartment with communal laundry & full kitchen,nice vweranda and good high speed internet service (free of chrage!). Very secured,clean and spacious family accommodation!Recommended for:Family Travelers
Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel features multilingual staff, laundry facilities, and self parking. High speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Other property amenities at this Art Deco property include dry cleaning/laundry services.
There are 119 guestrooms at Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel. Balconies offer city views. At the 4.5 star property, accommodations include kitchens with full sized refrigerators/freezers, microwaves, dishwashers, and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms feature showers and hair dryers. Wired high speed Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer phones and voice mail. Plasma televisions have satellite channels. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Self Contained & Serviced property is rated 4 star plus.
Notifications and Fees:
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Minimum Spring Break check in age: 18 years old
- All guests staying in hotel guestrooms must be registered with the hotel.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: NZD 18 per night
- Weekly housekeeping provided; fees apply for additional cleaning
- Rollaway bed: NZD 30 per night
- Crib (infant bed): NZD 15 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Very Good!1361 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Location98% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Food92% loved the dining experience.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Service88% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Room87% thought rooms were spacious.