- Columns of San Lorenzo 39 Corso di Porta Ticinese, Milan 20123 Italyrecommended Columns of San LorenzoThese Roman ruin columns are a lovely place to enjoy a drink at night, when they are lit up to beautiful effect. Roman ruins are, in fact, a rare sight in grey Milan, so if you're missing the ... read morepageantry of central Italy, here's a great fix. It's a popular spot for younger Milanesi to hang out at night as well, and is surrounded by pubs.Julia P
Great piazza with beautiful Roman columns where there are lots of bars to get a cocktail and sip it while takingin the scene.
- Obikà - Milano DuomoVia Santa Radegonda, 3, 20121 Milan Province of Milan, Italyrecommended Obikà - Milano DuomoThe perfect place for someone who wants to enjoy and unbeatable view on Duomo and eat excellent Mozzarella. The menu has a large selection of Buffalo Mozzarella served in many different ways. Access ... read morefrom Via San Raffaele is recommended as there is a convenient direct elevator!
- El PortenoViale Gian Galeazzo, 25, Milan, Italyrecommended El PortenoReally fancy restaurant close to Navigli. A bit pricey but definitely worth it. Cozy atmosphere, excellent food and high quality service. Meat is the core of their menu but you can find both ... read moretraditional dishes and more elaborated ones. The beef fillet with balsamic vinegar and smashed potatoes is probably the master piece. Reservation recommended, this place is usually fully booked even during the week.
- Piazza VecchiaCitta Alta
- Bergamo AltaBergamo, Italy
recommended BergamoOld Bergamo is an amazing walled medieval on a hill outside Milan. Easily reached by bus. Venetian with a fascinating history. You don't have to travel Ryanair to find a reason to go!D'Maris Coffman
This is another thought if you want to get away from the crowds and the heat of Milan in August. Take the furnicular to Old (Alta) Bergamo where you'll find many great restaurants and spooky medieval streets!
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele IIGalleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Milan 20121 Italyrecommended Galleria Vittorio Emanuele IIThe Galleria is basically just an upscale shopping mall, but spinning on the bull's testicles is fun as a way of adding spice to a couples' day out. And there are some nice restaurants.D'Maris Coffman
There are restaurants here for almost any price range. And don't forget the bull.
- Teatro alla ScalaVia Filodrammatici 2, Milan 20121 Italyrecommended Teatro alla ScalaI saw Candide in Milan in 2008. That wouldn't have been my first choice, but an evening at Scala should be on your bucket list. The lighting and set decent are amazing, the acoustics are too, and the ... read moreentire experience is memorable. Opera at its apex.D'Maris Coffman
Tickets are not outrageously priced, and it's a very romantic night out if you like opera.
- BB Hotel NavigliVia Gentilino 7, 20136 Milan, Italy
- Porta Romana e le Mura SpagnolePiazza Medaglie d'Oro, Milan 20135 Italy