Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills

8741 Alden Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90048

• Chaya Brasserie Beverly HillsPro 2014
    Natalie K
    4 Nov 25, 2013

This has got to be one of the best happy hours in BH. Although the regular dinner menu at Chaya can be quite pricey, their happy hour menu is a better deal. The portions are small so expect just some light bites.

My friend and I shared the calamari, escargot, and tuna dome. I really enjoyed the escargot. The flavor was amazing and they give you lots of soft bread to eat with it. The best part had to be the tuna dome. It is small but packed with flavor. I have been craving another tuna dome ever since.

I had the lychee cocktail and it was delicious. They have a lot of wine and alcohol available for happy hour at very decent prices.

The service was just okay. The servers didn't come around very often and it was hard to get someone's attention.

The restaurant itself is quite beautiful. The lighting is dim. I would say that this would be a good choice of venue for a romantic date. They also have outdoor seating.

Harutaka Kishi
    5 Aug 06, 2013

My favorite dish is the hamache-- it’s a piece of fish wrapped with mole spiced rum. I seared the fish with hot oil poured on top and serve with wasabi guacamole and citrus. It’s been open for 27 years. It's a Japanese and French brasserie, that’s my background so it’s a perfect match. I love the display, the garden in the center, the décor, it has a lot of life and the regulars love talking about it. I’m giving it a more modern twist to the restaurant. The classic dish of the brasserie, miso fish, has been authorized by nobu; it’s a very traditional way of cooking the fish in Japan. The one that we have, we marinate it in soy miso. We serve with miso and wasabi and a garnish. It’s a very nice dish-- it really represents both France and Japan because it uses a lot of butter.

Calvin Cheng
    4 Sep 24, 2012

This place is fantastic. It barely constitutes as Asian fusion, imo. They are their own thing, and they are very good at what they do. The burger here is FANTASTIC. The soups are amazing. And the fried calamari appetizer is so damn good.

John H.
    4 Sep 17, 2012

A great little Asian Fusion restaurant right next to Cedars Sinai in Beverly Hills. They great American fare and then there is the fusion fare as well. There isn't anything that they do wrong here. Great pork chops, great mac and cheese. There is also a great bar if the wait is a bit long.

Risa Yanai
    4 Sep 07, 2012

My first dine LA experience... I KNOW!! a foodie like me trying dine LA for the first time! It's a pretty good deal if you go to the right restaurant (of course). Although this was my first dine LA experience, I think I can say that Chaya was a pretty good choice.

My boyfriend wasn't too excited about coming here since he's been here a couple of times a while back and he wasn't too impressed. I know that there are lots of other restaurants out there that is a part of dineLA, and maybe choosing Chaya was kind of boring when you compare to restaurants like Jar, Craft or Fogo de chao... I did have some doubts about picking Chaya... but I personally didn't think it was a bad choice at all.

My choices were, Grilled Asparagus & Prosciutto di Parma, Poached Egg, for appetizer http://www.yelp.com/biz_…, Pappardelle Alfredo with Braised Short Rib, for entree http://www.yelp.com/biz_… and sorbet for dessert.

I thought overall the food was delicious. Maybe because I didn't go there with any expectation... or should I say, since I went there with great doubt, I really enjoyed everything from the presentation, texture and the taste. Service wasn't all too bad, and the ambiance was great~! I would have to disagree with my boyfriend on this place and give it 4 stars~

Traci

Chaya is a great place for happy hour or dinner with a group on a small side street of Beverly Hills, close to the famous Ivy. The food is asian fusion and the drinks are inventive and delicious. They have great happy hour specials too!

Lucy Swift Weber Youdovin
    4 Jan 02, 2013

105 people visited Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills

Chaya Brasserie is a Los Angeles classic which has influenced the city's restaurant scene for twenty years, under the guidance of various preeminent chefs like Joel Rebouchon. Today, its Euro-Asian menu continues to be a neighborhood favorite.

SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills