Chestnut Tree Inn
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Chestnut Tree InnMember ofFoodiesWellnessVegetarian+ 3Nov 03, 2013
There is great truth in the value of first impressions. Even a cheap hotel in a rough neighborhood can be more than the total of its parts if the Front Desk staff are mildly professional and courteous. Unfortunately the staff person at the desk of this motel was too busy trying to fix her computer than acknowledge me. Finally I found a cleaner who could show me a room.
The room was clean and would probably do for a night if you had no other option. The bedding looked well used, and I had doubts it had been changed. Hotel amenities included coffee in the lobby and a coin operated laundry.
The Chestnut Tree Inn is the typical drive-in establishment you find in most “poorer” neighborhoods. Located just off Interstate 205 in SE Portland the area is noisy and mildly polluted.
Unless you are in great need of a bed, my suggestion is to stay clear of this establishment!Recommended for:
- Chestnut Tree InnMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7First to ReviewOct 29, 2013
Ick. First of all, this place is not in a nice part of town. It's near a major freeway off a strip mall, which is hardly representative of boho Portland. The only thing I like about the location is that it's near a 24 Hour Fitness and a Target.The Chestnut is really your standard, run-of-the-mill cheap hotel with clean enough rooms and indifferent enough staff. There's a laundromat onsite, which is a plus, but I'd only recommend it for those visiting patients in the nearby Adventist Hospital who don't want to spend a bomb.Recommended for:
Mediocre472 reviews across the web.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Location100% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service87% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Room70% thought it was too noisy.
- Food52% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.
- HotelHotel is ok.
- Free Parking