Restaurants for History Buffs in Chicago

Map view
3,374 Results
filtered byHistoryX

Intelligentsia Coffee

I visit Intelligentsia on Randolph about 3 days per week. My favorite coffee in the city. You can purchase whole bean coffee by the pound to take with you, they have quite a large selection. Very hip inside. The staff is very knowledgable about the coffee.

Popular withTrendstersLocalFoodies

Girl & the Goat

Pretty awesome, I have to say. I went with a friend of mine and her parents and it was great. We had the BEST bottle of red wine, and I wish I could remember the name! The dishes we got were completely random (we all selected different ones to share) and they were pretty great, some better than others. I ...

Popular withFoodiesNightlifeTrendsters

House of Blues

Great venue for all forms of music. One of the best venues in the center of the city.

Popular withNightlifeLocalFoodies

Frontera Grill

Getting in required a wait in line but it was oh so worth it. The menu is alway changing, but try something with mole, a savory chocolate sauce. You can start of lunch with mango guacamole and a winter green salad. Oh. I want to be there now!

Popular withFoodiesVegetarianLocal

Cumin

Great place for Indian food! Been there once and can't wait to go back.

Popular withLocalFoodiesBudget

Garrett Popcorn

There's not a better snack stop to break up a long day of Chicago shopping. Every flavor of popcorn I've tried has been excellent. First time? Try the Chicago mix.

Popular withLocalFoodiesFamilies

Piece Pizzeria and Brewery

Really great place. The pizza options are great and I've seriously never had one there that I didn't enjoy. The goat cheese appetizer and salads are also really good. I live right by this place now so ordering it to-go is a no-brainer. I will say though that I just went on a Saturday for the first time and was ...

Popular withTrendstersLocalBackpackers

Superdawg Drive-In

Awesome Chicago dawgs! No ketchup allowed. They have car-hops like the old days.

Intelligentsia

What a wonderful little coffee shop. Their unique roasts are full-flavored and absolutely delicious. The cold-brewed (in other words, correctly brewed) coffee was top notch. It had such a great flavor and really hit the spot on a hot summer day. I'll be heading back next time I'm in town.

Popular withTrendstersHistory

Ann Sather's Restaurant

Go for the cinnamon buns. Holy crap. The most amazing buns ever. All good is pretty good. Portions are huge though, so after starting with cinnamon buns sharing is a good idea.

Popular withLocalHistory

Sprinkles Cupcakes Chicago

Come get your tasty cupcakes 24/7 thanks to the outdoor vending machine.

Popular withFoodiesBudgetStudents

Alinea

Alinea sits in a small two story building. Alinea does not advertise its presence openly. A valet and a small sandwich board stating Alinea are the only indications near a double door set back from the street. Upon opening the wide double doors, you enter a hallway that narrows to create a false sense of perspective. At the end of ...

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryLGBT

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse - Chicago

At Gibson's go big or go home...cause everything is big and of high quality...the steaks, shrimp,blue cheese in the salad and the ginormous deserts. Great wine selection, cocktails and fantastic service make this steakhouse a home-run! Love steak...this place is not to miss

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesBusiness

Moto Restaurant

The grand daddy of molecular cooking technique. I think Moto was first to popularize the cooking techniques that include edible soy ink, blow torch and laser. What an experience dining here. There are 2 options for the set menu and of course the one that includes a tour to the scientific lab that is their kitchen has to be chosen!

Popular withLuxuryDesignFoodies

Revolution Brewing

Holy cow. I was just here for dinner yesterday and it was amazing. I will say, I started off with a bummer beer that was brewed in house. I forget what it's called but it was not a favorite. Aside from that though, the menu was STELLAR. Everything on it looked interesting and unique and even the staple standard bar ...

Popular withTrendstersFamiliesFoodies

Keefer's Restaurant

Visited this place while on a conference in Chicago. The Kansas Strip there was the best I have ever eaten anywhere - so tender and done just right. 500+ grams is a lot though.

Popular withBusinessLuxuryHistory

Billy Goat Tavern & Grill

great for history, right downtown, a good fast cheap lunch option that isn't a chain. But they only have hamburgers, which is of course why they're famous.

Popular withHistory
  • Other places you might like...

Portillo's

Some of the best Chicago hot dogs you can get. Everything on the menu is incredible and priced just right. Good for a quick Chicago style meal.

Popular withFoodiesBackpackersBudget

Gino's East of Chicago

If I could I would give Gino's a 3.5. I love Gino's pizza especially the layer of sausage. How could go wrong with the state flower of Illinois layer all over your pizza pie? :)

Popular withFoodiesLocalStudents

The Purple Pig

Places that don't take reservations inherently annoy me, but their charcuterie was in a league of it's own. Perfect for an after-theater matinee, these small places are great to share.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLocal