Restaurants for History Buffs in Chicago, Illinois

3,397 Results
filtered byHistoryX

Argo Tea

I love the Dearborn location for the interior and friendly staff. If you've overdone it on the caffeine for the day and are looking for a caffeine free tea to try, have the hibiscus tea. Also there is free wifi at this location making it a nice stopover while in downtown Chicago!

Popular withBudgetStudentsBusiness

Keefer's Restaurant

Visited this place while on a conference in Chicago. The Kansas Strip there was the best I have ever eaten anywhere - so tender and done just right. 500+ grams is a lot though.

Popular withBusinessLuxuryHistory

Billy Goat Tavern & Grill

great for history, right downtown, a good fast cheap lunch option that isn't a chain. But they only have hamburgers, which is of course why they're famous.

Popular withHistory
  • Other places you might like...

Gino's East of Chicago

If I could I would give Gino's a 3.5. I love Gino's pizza especially the layer of sausage. How could go wrong with the state flower of Illinois layer all over your pizza pie? :)

Popular withFoodiesLocalStudents

The Purple Pig

Places that don't take reservations inherently annoy me, but their charcuterie was in a league of it's own. Perfect for an after-theater matinee, these small places are great to share.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLocal

Hot Doug's

It's pretty amazing how many kinds sausage and hotdogs they've got under one roof, and of course there's fries, cheese fries, and finally, duck fat fries on the weekends.

Popular withFoodiesLocalStudents

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reba is a fantastic place to meet with a group of friends for a pitcher of sangria and some small plates. The bacon wrapped dates are a must! Sit outside if the weather allows, the porch has a great atmosphere.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersStudents

ROOF on theWit

Amazing views from this 27th floor lounge at TheWit Hotel. Very hip and chill atmosphere. Cocktails and food are delicious.

Popular withNightlifeTrendstersDesign

Joe's Seafood Steak & Stone Crab

A Chicago staple. Stone Crab claws and scallops are a must. But to my surprise, the Dry Aged Ribeye steak is top notch. It is fantastic. Reservations are recommended, but sometimes you can wait and get a seat in the bar area, which can get crowded, but you get to enjoy the awesome food without a reservation!

Popular withFoodiesLocalLuxury

Longman & Eagle

Being a whiskey lover, I have been wanting to go to Longman & Eagle for a year. I finally made the trip to Logan Square and it did not disappoint. Not only do they have 30+ whiskey's for $3 everyday, their food menu was delicious & unique. We went at an off hour, as it is a very popular spot ...

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLocal

Gilt Bar

Basically any establishment these owners open I am a huge fan of. Delicious food, classy drinks, great atmosphere! The downstairs was a great cocktail lounge with live music, but unfortunately I think it will be turned into a Ramen restaurant soon.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersDesign

Bongo Room

My absolute favorite brunch spot, how can you say no to white choc caramel pretzel pancakes? My actual favorite menu item is the BLT benedict (which is way classier than it sounds) and a pancake on the side (yes they let you do this, it's off the menu ordering). You're welcome.

Popular withLocalFoodiesTrendsters

Kuma's Corner

Loud music, beer and insane burgers. I always chatted up the hostess, who was really nice and lent me a lighter. Know the busy nights of the week - otherwise wait shoulder to shoulder with other hungry people.

Popular withFoodiesLocalBudget

Avec Restaurant & Wine Bar

one of my top five in chicago. everything is amazing and the wait staff is so helpful. the menu rotates, and for small plates they have good sized portions. try the dates! and make sure to ask for the best wine pairings.

Popular withFoodiesLocalAdventure

Yolk Streeterville

Amazing bacon flavored waffle with maple syrup. Simply amazing breakfast!!!!

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesLocal

Quartino

This is a pretty cute little spot. It's definitely great for groups, especially ones that are prepared for the noisiness. I've been here a couple time and spilt a pizza and had some great pastas. Nothing mind-blowing, but still good. I also really think its a nice blend of casual and a little fancy. Plus, the outdoor seating is great.

Popular withFoodiesLGBTLuxury

Publican

This may not be the most popular, especially at this beloved Chicago restaurant, but I enjoyed the Publican, I just wasn't in love. There are many other restaurants I would go to before here. The food is solid, just not out of this world to me. The butcher that is affiliated with Publican is awesome, I will say.

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Molly's Cupcakes

Great variety of cupcakes every time. The cupcakes are moist and not overwhelmingly sweet. A wonderful place to hangout with multiple seating areas and games to play. The sprinkles bar is a big plus.

Popular withLocalFoodiesStudents

Lula Cafe

What an incredible brunch spot in the heart of Logan square. A staple in this neighborhood. The bloody Mary's are delicious and the omlette i got was made to perfection. The coffee cake is one of the best I've ever had - a must try!

Popular withFoodiesLocalVegetarian

HUB 51

The food is delicious, the drinks are good. It's always buzzing and busy, no matter the day of the week. I attended a lovely private event here too, only problem is that it's loud.

Popular withNightlifeFoodiesTrendsters