Restaurants for History Buffs in Chicago

3,409 Results
filtered byHistoryX

Joe's Seafood Steak & Stone Crab

60 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL

Excellent seafood, outstanding crab.. my fav pick for restaurant week as their lunch deal is off the chain.

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesBusiness

Avec Restaurant & Wine Bar

615 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60661

one of my top five in chicago. everything is amazing and the wait staff is so helpful. the menu rotates, and for small plates they have good sized portions. try the dates! and make sure to ask for the best wine pairings.

Popular withFoodiesLocalAdventure

Quartino

626 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610

This is a pretty cute little spot. It's definitely great for groups, especially ones that are prepared for the noisiness. I've been here a couple time and spilt a pizza and had some great pastas. Nothing mind-blowing, but still good. I also really think its a nice blend of casual and a little fancy. Plus, the outdoor seating is great.

Popular withFoodiesLGBTLuxury

Kuma's Corner

2900 West Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL 60618-5804

Loud music, beer and insane burgers. I always chatted up the hostess, who was really nice and lent me a lighter. Know the busy nights of the week - otherwise wait shoulder to shoulder with other hungry people.

Popular withFoodiesLocalBudget

Publican

837 W Fulton Market, Chicago, Illinois

A solid date spot, Publican's charcuterie and craft brews rival the best anywhere.

Longman & Eagle

2657 North Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647

Ok, everyone raves about how amazing this place is and I gotto say, it was good, but I was not blown away. Once you add in the wait time, it's kind of worth it less and less to me. That being said, if you're in the area, it's a good place to try out.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLocal

Bongo Room

1470 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622

My absolute favorite brunch spot, how can you say no to white choc caramel pretzel pancakes? My actual favorite menu item is the BLT benedict (which is way classier than it sounds) and a pancake on the side (yes they let you do this, it's off the menu ordering). You're welcome.

Popular withLocalFoodiesTrendsters

Piece Pizzeria and Brewery

1927 West North Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622

Really great place. The pizza options are great and I've seriously never had one there that I didn't enjoy. The goat cheese appetizer and salads are also really good. I live right by this place now so ordering it to-go is a no-brainer. I will say though that I just went on a Saturday for the first time and was ...

Popular withLocalTrendstersBackpackers

Yolk Streeterville

355 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611

You will wait in line and enjoy every second of it.

Popular withFoodiesFamilies

Orange

2413 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60614, United States

This is one of my favorite places to go to for breakfast/brunch when in Chicago. Check out their fruishi--fruit sushi.

Popular withFoodiesLocalBudget

Gilt Bar

230 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL

Basically any establishment these owners open I am a huge fan of. Delicious food, classy drinks, great atmosphere! The downstairs was a great cocktail lounge with live music, but unfortunately I think it will be turned into a Ramen restaurant soon.

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersDesign

Cafe Iberico

739 N Lasalle St, Chicago, IL 60610

Good, traditional Spanish tapas. The restaurant is huge and gets quite loud. Service was fast but the waitstaff was not that helpful with recommendations or following up with us as we got our dishes. Good, but not stellar.

Popular withLocalFoodiesNightlife

Lula Cafe

2537 North Kedzie Boulevard, Chicago, IL, United States

What an incredible brunch spot in the heart of Logan square. A staple in this neighborhood. The bloody Mary's are delicious and the omlette i got was made to perfection. The coffee cake is one of the best I've ever had - a must try!

Popular withFoodiesLocalVegetarian

Shaw's Crab House

21 East Hubbard Street, Chicago, IL 60611

If you ever get a craving for oysters, visit between 4pm-6pm and get half off a dozen ($15). The oysters are consistently solid.

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Molly's Cupcakes

2536 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL

Great variety of cupcakes every time. The cupcakes are moist and not overwhelmingly sweet. A wonderful place to hangout with multiple seating areas and games to play. The sprinkles bar is a big plus.

Popular withLocalFoodiesStudents

Pequod's Pizzeria

2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL 60614

This is my absolute favorite pizza in Chicago. The crust is to die for! It also happens to be a Blackhawks bar so look for game day deals!

Popular withFoodiesLocalStudents

DMK Burger Bar

2954 North Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657

Loved it! We got in and out pretty quickly despite the fact that it was packed, and the food was great! I went with some die-hard burger fans and they loved it, but they still had some interesting choices for the non-conventional burger person like me. I had the lamb burger with tzatziki sauce and the works and it was ...

Popular withFoodiesTrendsters

Au Cheval

800 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL, United States

Favorite Restaurant/Meal of this Trip! Au Cheval is a bar/diner with their tasty take of Diner Food. We ordered the Fried Chicken, Foie Gras, Bone Marrow and the best French Fries Ever!

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Rockit Bar & Grill

22 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, IL

Between Liked and A-Ok. After our detour away from the piano bar a couple doors away, we walked in here to grab a night cap. Nice decor, but drinks are on your restaurant pricey side at about $10+ per drink depending on what you get. Decently tasting, but not too strong. That was ok though only because we had a ...

Bavette's Bar & Boeuf

218 W. Kinzie St., Chicago, IL 60654

Very nice menu full of good range and deliciousness. The decor is lovely both upstairs and downstairs. Downstairs is always a good place to sit, relax and have a cocktail either with friends or as a date spot!

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersLocal