What are the must sees and best restaurants to check out in Rio?
Trip Plan Details
- BiraCaminho da Vendinha, 68 - Guaratiba, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazilrecommended BiraIt is among the hundred best restaurants in the world, with relaxed and beautiful viewRecommended for:
- Outback Steakhouse New York City CenterAvenida das Américas, 5000 - ljs. 105,106,107 - Shopping New York City Center, Barra da Tijuca - Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazilrecommended Outback Steakhouse New York City CenterAn Australian restaurant lost in the middle of Rio de Janeiro! If you like meat, it's an excellent place to go! It's located inside the New York City Center, a mall in Barra da Tijuca, one of the most ... read morechic neighborhood in the city, where a lot of local artists have apartments!Recommended for:Roberta Lessa Ribeiro
Ask for the Ribs On The Barbie and for the Onion Rings :D!
- Sindicato do ChoppRua Farme Amoêdo, 83 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22420-020, Brasilrecommended Sindicato do ChoppLocated in the Ipanema Beach, It's an excellent place to eat, drink a beer and kill some time!Recommended for:Roberta Lessa Ribeiro
Located in the Ipanema Beach, It's an excellent place to eat, drink a beer and kill some time! Ask for some "Badoff" and "Frango a Passarinha" to eat ! You'll not regret!
- Bar do MarcôRua Almirante Alexandrino, 412 - Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
- Carioca AqueductRua dos Arcos, Rio de Janeiro 20230, Brazil
- Christ the RedeemerCorcovado, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
recommended PetropolisA beautiful ex-imperial city, high up in the mountains. Stunning palaces and houses and lots of history. If you're visiting Rio, it's a really great day trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of ... read morethe city. Go from the Rodoviária (bus station) - R$17 per person each way, about a 2 hour journey. Totally worth it.Recommended for:Alice Randall
Worth a visit if you're in Rio!
- Bar AstorAv. Vieira Souto, 110 - Ipanema
- Bar e Restaurante Urca Rua Cândido Gaffrée, 205 - Urca
- Fernando de Noronha, BrazilPernambuco, Brazilrecommended Fernando de Noronha, BrazilFernando de Noronha is an amazing island that's located in the middle of a national marine park in the northeastern waters of Brazil. The typical way to arrive is by plane from either Recife or Natal ... read more(1 to 1.5 hour flight). Because it is a protected place under Brazilian law (it also is a UN World Heritage Site) it's beaches are pristine, the waters are teeming with wildlife like dolphins and turtles, and the numbers of tourists allowed at any given time are limited to around 460. There are tons of outdoor activities on the island (e.g. snorkeling, diving, surfing, kayaking, trekking....) plus gorgeous beaches. Most people stay at pousadas run from people's homes. It's a bit pricey to get there--and be there--but if you can swing it, this is an unforgettable place to visit.Liza Prado
Noticed you're also heading to Recife....In case you've got time to explore beyond that city, Fernando de Noronha is a just puddle jump away....
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar)Avenida Pasteur, 520, Rio de Janeiro 22290 Brazilrecommended Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar)A classic Rio de Janeiro site, the Sugar Loaf stands almost 1,300 feet above the Guanabara Bay, giving visitors a spectacular view of the city and the ocean beyond. Two pillbox-shaped cable cars take ... read moreyou to the top (you've got to switch cable cars at a lower peak). They run every 20 minutes from 8am to 8pm daily; ticket prices are around R$45 (adults) and R$22 (kids). The photos I took from the top are still some of my favorites from my first trip to Rio....
- Ipanema BeachAvenue Vieira Souto 460, Rio de Janeiro 22420 Brazil
- CopacabanaCopacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazilrecommended CopacabanaA famous Brazilian beach, Copacabana is packed during the day with sunworshippers and 'fute volle' players (foot volleyball), who move to it's beachside restaurants as the sun sets.Liza Prado
A definite must see....
- Botafogo CoveRio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Rio-Niterói BridgeBaía de Guanabara, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 20010 Brazil
- Historic Centre of the Town of OlindaOlinda, PE Brazil