Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 74%Green Travelers
- 74%Local Culture
Member Reviews (2)
- CiclaviaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14First to ReviewJan 14, 2014
I gotta brag... I totally deserve to brag: I BIKED 30MILES AT CicLAvia!!!!
Reason why I'm bragging: I learned how to ride a bike the NIGHT BEFORE! YEAAAAAAH
Reason I did it: BF had an epic time doing this last year and he wanted me to experience it with him this year.
- to those I accidentally ran into...I was sucking at stopping. Thanks to all those stop and go's at the street light, I was forced to learn how to stop with my bike and start pedaling when the light turned green. As much as I hated those traffic lights and bottlenecks, it actually helped me improve my bike-riding skill.
- to the guy dressed as a cow who wanted to give me a high five, I was too scared to let go of my handle.
- to the beach cruiser i borrowed that is now covered in scratches
It was an amazing experience/feeling to accomplish something I've been too embarrassed to fix. That feeling of riding down the road with so many bikers and festive people on a nice sunny day was priceless :) Everyone was in a festive mood and we passed several hubs that seemed like a fun place to check out. Non of the people I bumped into had horrible road rage and they didn't get mad at me.
They closed off the streets from 10am-3pm from dtla to venice beach. It felt like a marathon, I was super exhausted and horribly sunburned. A group of us continued to bike down the road after 3pm (we took up the right lane and the cars drove on the left). The volunteers did a great job managing the traffic btwn the bikers and the cars.
Wish the event lasted longer so I could check out the hubs. We started around 10:30 from dtla, had a 10-15min lunch break in Venice around 2pm and came back to dtla around 4pm. I heard last years route wasn't this long.
Anyone can do it. I saw kids on their tricycle, a bike thats 14ft tall, owners pulling their huge dog in a doggie cart, scoobie bike, tandem bikes, etc.
A big thank you to my guy for being so patient with me while he taught me how to ride the bike. Also a big thanks to his sister for bringing her bike all the way from anaheim for me :)
- WEAR SUNSCREEN and REAPPLY every 45min!!! I didn't..now I'm in pain
- bring extra water and some cash for food/water
- CiclaviaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 12Dec 31, 2013
Ciclavia is a day when designated streets are close for people to bike/walk around and celebrate being outdoors in an urban environment.
It brings people together and promotes walking and biking. What's not to love about that? My favorite part is discovering places (by foot/bike) that you never noticed before because you've always sped past it in your car.