Circus Circus Midway

2889 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109

Eric Brink
    3 Jul 04, 2012

In my travels, staying in Provence or at luxurious Parador is not my norm. Neither is coming to Las Vegas of which I have little interest except for an interesting show or if I happen to be passing through. That later was the case the last time I came to Circus Circus. My stepdaughter and I arrived after starting the in Moab Utah and all I was interested in was making sure that she was comfortable, safe and entertained.

For what I wanted (including price), our experience at Circus Circus was OK, and we were on the road soon enough the next day towards Death Valley and the Eastern Sierra. At the same time, this place really is past it's time and in hindsight I could have chosen better here in Las Vegas, even in the eyes of my child.

JohnMichael
    3 Jul 04, 2012

VERY similar to the Reno Branch in which this review will be very similar to my Reno review... though in light of this branch being in Vegas, allow me to start off with saying the following: 'When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.'

1 star because I got the room for super cheap.
    1 star because I'm nostalgic like that.
    1 star because I'm a sucker for a stuffed toy.

minus 1 star because the place is exactly how I remember it from a billion years ago.. erm.. note - dated.
    minus 1 star because I'm a sucker for a stuffed toy.

Growing up, like the other Circus Circus, this was the place to be in my mind whenever I was dragged to Las Vegas. After so many years, in hindsight.. nostalgia works in a very mysterious way.. remembering all the good and not so much the bad. Like I said, it's exactly how I remember it. For example, I think it's literally the same bed that I slept in when I was a child. Though the prizes have changed, the games are the games are the same games that I've sucked at and apparently still do. Though it's harder and harder to visit now that there are so many other places that demand my more adult perspective.

Circus Circus, you'll always be a gem in my eye no matter how aged you are! Though the adventure dome is something to experience no matter the age, as long as you're a kid at heart!
    ;D

Kevin Chen
    3 Jul 29, 2014

This certainly brings back childhood memories. When I was a kid, I remember this one time where I HAD to get my hands on the Dodge Viper. I was kicking and screaming and throwing up one hell of a tantrum since I didn't have enough tickets. Eventually, my mom started playing some the games herself so we would eventually have enough tickets to exchange for the model car. What an amazing mom, and oh childhood....priceless.

Fast forward 20 some years later, Circus Circus is still around! This is still probably the ultimate childhood experience in Vegas. Although the place used to reek of smoke and alcohol, it never prevented me from having fun. Thanks for the memories Circus Circus!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersNightlife Lovers
    Andrea Sequera
    1 Jun 01, 2014

I didn't want to even give it a star. This hotel is disgusting and in very, very bad conditions, everything has a "smell" and super ghetto..... It's so bad that it's not even worth to pay the lower price.

• Circus Circus MidwayAmbassadorPro 2014
    Stanley Chan
    4 Nov 30, 2013

Brings back memories of when I was a little boy, where we played games from hours on end! So many games, so many prizes to win and won! This place is the ultimate destination for your young ones!

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersFamily TravelersStudents
    Jason Planck
    3 Nov 16, 2013

Great activities for all ages with free circus acts going on with all the games of a Midway. Disability Access provided. At least 1 hour or more depending on what you want to do.

Recommended for:Budget Travelers
    Kevin Cheng
    3 Sep 13, 2013

It's pretty ghetto but there are lots of arcade and carnival games to play if you're not into the gambling in Vegas. Check out the Pinball Hall of Fame if you're looking for something family-friendly.

Susan Lee
    2 Sep 13, 2013

Unfortunately, Circus Circus is one of the few places for kids to hang out at, but the lack of maintenance over the year has left this arcade center really run down. A number of the machines are broken at the same time and the ventilation is so poor that smoke (probably from the casino) is very prominent in the Midway area.

Veronica Sartori
    4 Sep 13, 2013

I haven't been here in years, but I remember loving it as a kid. As a kid, you never have much to do in Vegas, however this midway is a highlight. The games and circus show are great. However, I have to state my disclaimer now: everything is skewed when you're a kid and I really haven't been back. So, you know what? It may seem a little run down to you, but take your kids it'll probably be a lot of fun for them!

Lia Rock Lantz
    3 Sep 13, 2013

Some fun things along the midway. These are more what the smaller children can do. A little on the pricey side, though. When we were there, not many were open.

Ziv Tarsi
    4 Sep 13, 2013

Circus Circus is great for kids and kids at heart, I remember coming here when I was around 10, all the kid games are so easy to win, you are sure to come out with some stuffed thing for very little money, they probably don't expect to make money there, it's just another way to get the adults to gamble...

Nina Kindred
    4 Sep 13, 2013

It's the only place that you could spend the day with the kids. It has rides and shows. I loved it and I'm old.

Kim Yamashiro
    3 Sep 13, 2013

Great place for kids. If you have to bring the kids to Vegas for a vacation, this is definitely a place for you to stay.

Linda Hoefer
    4 Sep 13, 2013

This is the place to go with the kids. Lots of games, lights, noise, and fun. The circus acts are good and there is plenty of seating (usually). I've never ridden on the rides, but they look fun. A family could easily spend the whole day here!

Lolo Marie
    4 Sep 13, 2013

As adults, we enjoy a visit here to play some fair type games and catch a few of the FREE circus performances. A welcome break to the gamble, gamble, gamble.... A great place kids can actually go and enjoy too!

Paul Saunders
    1 Sep 05, 2012

Circus Circus is a dump. Friends stayed here for $50 a night. Not worth it. Half of us booked a room on the strip because we saw how bad it was.

Ron Miller

Tacky and LSD scence with Johnny Depp in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" shot there. Get high/drunk and take a spin.

Scott Fennell
    3 Jul 05, 2012

I remember going here as a kid, this place was truly amazing, then I grew up and realized how much of a dive this place is compared to the rest of Vegas.

Pebsmom
    2 Jul 05, 2012

Was here 20 years ago with my 3 kids. It is just like any midway in a fairgrounds only MUCH more expensive! Be prepared to spend a lot and win very small if any prizes!

Jessica Duley
    2 Jul 05, 2012

Probably ok if you have kids.... and even then i assume the parents still hate it. There are children running around screaming, presumably after consuming way too much candy and energy drinks. There are tacky, old carny rides all over the place, I cant imagine why anyone would want to recreate this environment??

My advice would be to avoid this hell hole

A carnival midway sure to entertain kids of all ages with circus acts, a giant arcade, snacks and souvenirs.

1,497 people visited Circus Circus Midway