Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 91%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (8)Write a review
- Circus HostelMember ofVegetarianLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 7Jul 04, 2012
I got stuck in Berlin a couple years back after missing a train to Ukraine. I ended up passing a pleasant night at the Circus Hostel, and having a little tour of Berlin. It was clean and pleasant and central and cheap. Perfect.
- Circus HostelMember ofLocal CultureLGBTHistory BuffsArt & Design LoversJan 18, 2014
Great hotel, in a fantastic location for exploring Berlin - stepping outside will lead you up Kastanienallee to Prenzlauer Berg, or down Rosenthaler Straße to Hackescher Markt. The rooms are comfortable and modern, the staff is friendly and the downstairs bar is great. Their breakfasts are great, but if you stay there make sure you visit Gorki Park for your brekkie at least once (though once you go one time, you may find yourself back there again). It's just across Rosenthaler Platz.
- Circus HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Jul 15, 2012
One of the best reviewed hostels in the world and for good reason. The hostel is clean, smoothly run, and have great beds to boot. It is a convenient location to get on the U-Bahn and explore the city. Try the breakfast at the dining room next door. It is one of the better hostel breakfasts available.
- Circus HostelJul 04, 2012
A very cool looking hostel, full of open and young internationals. The people working there are multilingual and are ready to help you with some insider tips. The location is simply perfect (very central and next to shops and bars) and so is the price. If you are visiting Berlin alone I think this is a great starting point. They help guests out with interesting tours and bike rental and have a lively bar downstairs.
- Circus HostelJul 04, 2012
I visited Berlin with my German class last year so to save cash we opted for somewhere cheap and centrally located and we were lucky to have had Circus Hostel booked on our behalf. Rooms were warm, clean, quiet (Circus is on a very busy intersection by Rosenthaler Platz but the windows kept the noise out) and modestly priced.
The hostel is definitely a choice for younger travelers, the downstairs bar was rowdy at night but always good natured during our stay, with open mic sessions and friendly bar staff. The Circus Hotel (directly opposite) looked like a more highbrow establishment but I had no qualms with our cheap and cheerful hostel and would definitely stay there again.
Circus Hostel offers free Wi-Fi connection in every room and 24 hour reception. There's an in-house cafe and place to
Excellent!568 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 98%.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel97% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance95% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building.