Ciro & Sons - Antica Pizzeria dell'Arte

Via del Giglio, 28-red, 50123 Florence, Italy

• Ciro & Sons - Antica Pizzeria dell'ArtePro 2014
    Bailey Klentzman
    5 Apr 21, 2014

I was so excited when I found Ciro and Sons, which has a pretty extensive gluten-free menu. They have gluten-free pastas, gluten-free bruschetta, gluten-free pizza crust (freshly made in restaurant), and even gluten-free dessert crepes.

I was wanting pizza, but I was informed that you have to reserve your seats a few hours in advance if ordering gluten-free pizza, as they have to have time to make it. Initially, I was bummed, and we instead ordered bruschetta, minestrone soup, and two pasta dishes. Then, one of the owners came out to welcome us and explain about their gluten-free pizza. I was so impressed. Ciro and Sons makes all of their dough THAT DAY, and doesn't want to waste any gluten-free dough in case there aren't any patrons who order it that day. Therefore, they require reservations for gluten-free pizza orders. So we made a reservation to eat there that night, as well, and made sure they knew we would be ordering pizza.

And oh my goodness, we were not disappointed. The pizza was better than we could imagine. Italian pizza now tops NY pizza for me. Freshly made pizza crust is the way to go. The food we ate earlier in the day was amazing, as well. My favorite being the bruschetta.

Recommended for:BackpackersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • Ciro & Sons - Antica Pizzeria dell'Arte
    Nitzan Wilnai

Ciro & Sons is a must visit for anyone visiting Florence. They had the best pizza I have ever ate. The also have an amazing gluten-free pizza as well. It is almost worth it going to Florence just to have their pizza.

• Ciro & Sons - Antica Pizzeria dell'Arte
    Kate Wilson
    3 Aug 05, 2012

Pretty good pizza, no where near the best we had in italy!

37 people visited Ciro & Sons - Antica Pizzeria dell'Arte