Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 74%Local Culture
Member Reviews (3)
- ClaskaMember ofAdventure TravelersArt & Design LoversFirst to ReviewJan 09, 2014
First off, it should be said about the Claska hotel that it has a dog grooming salon next to the bar called Dog Man. I love this hotel. They had me at, "There's a dog grooming salon next to the bar called Dog Man." They also have sweet bikes to borrow. Possibly, more important in describing the identity of this small boutique hotel, is that each hotel room was designed by a different designer or design firm. Because the hotel's concept is so unusual, and because there's also exhibition space and a design shop on the second and third floors of the hotel, it gets written up in Japanese design magazines a lot. So you need to make a reservation possibly a month in advance. I think it's worth it, though. The rooms all have unique features, some with large terraces and views of Tokyo. The rooms even start off reasonably priced. The lounge has a cool vibe with dark lighting and in the evenings sometimes a D.J. The draw back for some is the hotel is about a 10-15 min. walk to Meguro or Gakugeidai stations. Even if you can't stay here, the Claska hotel is worth checking out. In the shop I bought their little bilingual book "Tokyo by Tokyo" in which they asked Tokyo creatives to name three of their favorite places in the city. One of mine is the Claska.
- ClaskaJan 09, 2014
This is a super fashionable hotel. It's not like other Japanese hotels, that have a corporate, sterile feeling. In this one it's obvious the designers have made each room with its own unique design. Check out the web-site to choose a room. They have unusual western and modern Japanese style rooms. I loved this hotel.
Excellent!31 reviews across the web.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel Building85% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- Room80% were happy with the bathroom.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 78% of guests gave positive feedback.
- Food76% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
Hotel CLASKA features a bar/lounge, multilingual staff, and tour/ticket assistance. This Tokyo property has event space consisting of small meeting rooms and exhibit space. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Room service is available during limited hours. Wedding services and concierge services are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include gift shops/newsstands and laundry facilities.
There are 18 guestrooms at Hotel CLASKA. Guestrooms have city views. Furnishings include fireplaces and desks. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations with handheld showerheads. They also offer makeup/shaving mirrors, bathrobes, and slippers. In addition to complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, guestrooms offer phones, CD players, and in-room safes. High-definition televisions include DVD players. Air-conditioned rooms also include complimentary bottled water, blackout drapes/curtains, and clock radios. Guests may request microwaves, irons/ironing boards, and hypoallergenic bedding. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 12 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc.). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and to keep the photocopy on file.
The following mandatory hotel imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
- City/local tax: JPY 200 per person, per night
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Rollaway bed: JPY 5000 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.