Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 86%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (7)Write a review
- Clink78 HostelMember ofWellnessLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Jul 08, 2014
Located in central and increasingly stylish Kings' Cross, the Clink78 is a hip hostel located in a former prison. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, and the vibe is fun; a great place to stay on a budget if you're under 35 or so.Recommended for:
- Clink78 HostelMember ofWellnessLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 7Jun 22, 2014
I enjoyed the funky atmosphere on my brief visit to the Clink. Oscar Wilde quotes adorn the walls, bigging up the *anything goes* adventure travel feel. The internet cafe in a re-configured courtroom is also cool. A bustling atmosphere and location right behind King's Cross mean you are sure to be swept into the London energy right away.Recommended for:
- Clink78 HostelMember ofWellnessLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 4Jun 22, 2014
Clink 78 is one of the most original and funky hostels in London that offers clean, safe and comfortable lodging at reasonable prices. The hostel is set on stunning Victoria mansion, that is a former courthouse, and where Charles Dickens apparently created his Oliver Twist work. Its 750 beds are arranged in different rooms that are a mix of private and dormitory guestrooms that features complimentary bed linen; some are actually former prison cells. The facility is designed with pod beds with personal light and locker, luggage room, laundry facilities, self-catering kitchen, a game room, Internet and TV lounges ( former courtrooms) along with a lively bar (ClashBar). The house is located on a residential area by Euston Road and King’s Cross Station/St. Pancreas (Eurostar), a great gateway to most attractions in London including the Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, London ZOO, British Museum, St. Paul’s Cathedral and Tate Modern.
- Clink78 HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Jun 22, 2014
Of all the hostels I've recommended to friends in London, this one has caused the most problems. Smelly, noisy with a rather dodgy crowd. They do have free wifi and it is safe and the linen is clean, but not recommended. And if you must stay there, book on laterooms.com for a discount.Recommended for:
- Clink78 HostelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Jun 22, 2014
My favorite hostel in London! It's cheap, cosy atmosphere and the staff is great :-) It's also well connected with the sub, you can reach any corner of London through Kings Cross station. Definitely going back here next time!Recommended for:
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Continental Breakfast
Fair5139 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Guests say the hotel is recommendable for travelers who want to party.
- Location95% thought it was easy to get to the train station.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service90% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel87% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant.
- PricePrice is reasonable.