- Bryan Kest's Power Yoga1410 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA, United Statesrecommended Bryan Kest's Power Yogaget VERY HOT in here!.Comment.about 1 year ago. Report
- Urth Caffe2327 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405recommended Urth CaffeMy favorite cafe on the west side. Amazing espresso drinks served in big cups, mind blowing pastries and sweets, great sandwiches. The egg sandwich for breakfast, on fresh baked bread with avocado and ... read morecheese is my favorite - I get it every time I go to L.A. The bread pudding is also mind-blowingly good. The seating is all open air, so if you are there on a chilly morning, bring a jacket so you are not cold.
- Exhale Venice245 Main Street, Los Angeles, CA, United Statesrecommended Exhale VeniceExhale is one of the best yoga studios in the country. Great facility right near the beach, exhale is home to a number of internationally rated yoga instructors. Shiva Rea is probably the most well ... read moreknown, but Matthew Cohen and Hala Khouri are also amazing.Travis Katz
Find your way here, Clive. Its amazing
- Santa Monica State BeachOff Ocean Front, Santa Monica, CA 90403recommended Santa Monica State BeachOne of the USA's premier beaches, SM will not disappoint.Nicholas D
Go to Ocean Park Beach (guard tower 28-24), as the waves are great, the crowd is light (compared to other areas) and people watching is A+. I grew up at this beach and can't recommend it enough.
- Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery1517 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, California 90401, USArecommended Bay Cities Italian Deli & BakeryThe best sandwiches in LA, hands down, maybe in the world. Local bias here, but still, don't miss it.Nicholas D
Do not miss a Bay Cities sandwich, even if the line is long. Little known fact: order online, or grab a premade sub for faster service. The "premake" the subs every 15 min so they are always fresh.
- Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica1301 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401recommended Hotel Shangri-La Santa MonicaHotel Shangri-La is a quirky spot at home where it is. The black and pink theme of the lobby confused me, but the rest of the hotel served up clean art-deco design that fit well with the beachy ... read moreattitude of the area. My room was very nice and had a 180 degree ocean view (The higher the floor, the better your view will be, so be sure to ask) And I must mention the bathtub, which was massive. I often felt like going out anywhere else and night was a crime because the parties at the hotel were so good! It is a popular hangout for European celebrities and artists, and the crowd that rolls with such people is sure a lot of fun. So yes, this hotel certainly counts as one kind of Shangri-La.Nicholas D
Check out Shangri-La
- Shutters on the Beach1 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405recommended Shutters on the BeachIf you want a fully Southern Californian experience, why not stay on the beach (and we mean *on* the beach) in Santa Monica? My cousin got married here, and the place couldn't have been more ... read morebeautiful, the staff could not have been friendlier, the rooms could not have been more perfectly casual but upscale. They've got three different places to eat, all with crazy-beautiful views.Alex L
It's not cheap, but this is one of the most amazing hotels in all of LA. The location right on the beach is perfect, and you're super-close to a million great restauratns and things to do.