Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Cliveden HouseMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury TravelersHistory BuffsJul 05, 2012
When still the seat of the Astor family in the 1960s, this was where then war minister John Profumo cavorted with Christine Keeler, the alleged mistress of a Russian spy. The episode was dramatised in the 1989 movie 'Scandal'.
- Cliveden HouseMember ofLocal CultureFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2First to ReviewFeb 15, 2014
This is a hotel and a national trust property in the countryside about 1 hour outside of London. The estate itself is a gorgeous property on which to roam. The hotel is incredibly "posh" and worth booking for tea/lunch. Atlernatively, nearby is the Old Standard, the oldest pub in England. The hotel has a fantastic spa and several hundred acres of grounds on which to roam. You can also rent out a private cottage complete with butler service. If you want a decadent English experience then I would recommend Cliveden.
Excellent!106 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Location100% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 97%.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel Building89% enjoyed the lobby entrance.
- Hotel82% thought it was clean.
- Wellness AreaVery nice wellness & sports facilities.
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Pets Allowed