About Clothes market:
Built in 1811, the Carreau du Temple is located on rich historical ground. The original wooden covered market was erected on a site previously used by the Knights Templar, and as the prison which held Marie Antoinette, Louis VI, and a few other members of the notorious royals. In 1863, the wooden building was demolished, and a new one was built with a cast iron skeleton, and more such modern ... read more
materials as brick and glass. Despite the Carreau’s reputation of being the most desirable market in fashionable heart of the Paris garment district during much of its life, the citizenry voted to redevelop the historic structure as an open-air venue for public markets. Anticipated completion of the renovation process is September of 2013.