Coachella Music Festival

5750 Wilshire Boulevard #501, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Spiritual Seekers

Hanae
    5 Jul 13, 2014

Coachella was never on my to-go-list. Didn't really care to go until my friend sold me his week1 ticket 1-2 weeks before the event for early bird face value. I thought it was a good deal plus my bf was planning on going.

Definately an experience to remember with no regrets at all! Great people, art everywhere, live bands/djs everywhere, light shows, etc. Unfortunately I didn't get the full-on Coachella experience because I stayed in a hotel (next year)! The sandstorm on day3 was uncomfortable but that didn't stop me from enjoying Chili Peppers.

My highlight of week 1:
    Puscifer ( I love his voice! Saw Tool and APC live but never Puscifer)
    How to Destroy Angels (best show of day 1!!!! Trent Reznor and his wife was amazing and the stage performance was unique)
    Major Lazer
    Moby
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Blur
    Phoenix
    R. Kelly (def a random wtf moment to laugh about)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (always wanted to see them live!)
    Drop Kick Murphy
    etc

I personally didn't make EDM a priority and tried to enjoy the other bands I don't get to see that often. IMO you could see some of those djs at raves/avalon/exla/sutra/etc.

freebies:
    - electrig cigs in a tent when you enter beer garden near ferris wheel
    - popsicles free all day in a tent near the kroq tent
    - sunscreen and coachella schedule booklet at kroq tent
    - nail stickers, gif photobooth, water, dry shampoo/sun screen/lotion/charging station: H&M tent between sahara and mojave

havent been but i wish i had:
    - speakeasy red bull bar between main and outdoor stage
    - campground has silent disco at 9pm all 3 days in that white balloon dome
    - playstaion tent (not sure whats going on in there)

Locker is recommended cuz it gets cold at night:
    - shoes, jacket, pants...or leave them in the car and walk back for them
    - sand storm came, glad i had my glasses. Wish i had a handkerchief for my mouth/nose

note:
    if the bracelet is damaged (cut off, glued, stapled) they'll automatically take it away and u won't get to go to coachella.

merchandise:
    day 3 was super crowded...heard the good stuff runs out by day 3

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Rhia R.
    5 Jun 28, 2014

I had missed out on what would have been my first time at this music festival last year, so this past April was definitely redemption time. Think of it as about a year's worth of concerts rolled into one weekend. With genres ranging from alternative to EDM, there's something for everyone here. I found myself walking back and forth between the different stages, as some of the artists I wanted to see overlapped. That's always a given when you go here. I had a great time and plan to come back next year.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsTrendsters
    Gogobot Editors' Choice
    5 Apr 08, 2014

Coachella is as well known for a great time as it is for the sometimes vacuous hipsters that frequent it. Scheduled over two weekends, big names like Outkast, Skrillex and Beck play alongside up and comers. Perfect for the Outdoorsy California dreamers out there, whether neo-hippies or weekend warriors.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Matthew Crompton
    5 Mar 08, 2014

Yes, it's hot, expensive, and ridiculously full of dudes and dudettes you'd much rather avoid being penned in with for hours on end. That said, Coachella's lineups read like a who's who of the music world, mixing tested and widely-known acts with up and comers who you'll get to say "I saw them at Coachella" about when they get big next year. A standard-bearer for the world music scene, and a festival second to none.

Recommended for:Local CultureTrendsters
  • Coachella Music FestivalCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Oct 20, 2013

Coachella is hands-down one of the most amazing music festivals. It's got everything: the headliners that usually play stadiums (Paul McCartney last and Kanye West!), amazing art, and really cool eco ideas.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersArt & Design LoversSpiritual SeekersTrendsters
    Marcus Lo
    5 May 23, 2013

I went to Coachella for the first time a few weeks ago and really enjoyed my time there. The line up didn't appeal to me as much as the previous years and I knew how horrible the weather got in the desert. I completely expected to get sunburned and heatstroke all while listening to music that I had a good chance of not liking. Well, the heat was manageable, the music was great and I'm definitely coming back every year now!

VENUE: the polo fields are great. very spacious, organized and well kept

FESTIVAL: the artists will change from year to year. what you need to take note of is that the rules and layout can also change a bit. There is art everywhere (like that big moving snail)... A pretty cool plus!

PEOPLE: A mixed crowd. Overall, pretty friendly. when paying that much for tix, I doubt anyone wants to risk getting thrown out.

PARKING: if you opt for regular parking, expect to walk a long distance. VIP parking will cost you some money but is much closer. it's up to you. Traffic can be a nightmare. If you stay until the end of the last set, you will most likely be stuck with everyone else trying to get out of the parking lot. Once you are out, you will be stuck because the cops block so many roads.

HOTEL: there are quite a few hotels within reasonable distance from here. you have to be careful though. Coachella is a big event and many people find themselves in a struggle to find a place to stay

Jenna K
    5 May 02, 2013

Coachella is awesome. You have to know what you're in for at any music festival (crowds, crazy people, expensive food & drinks), but Coachella does the best job I've seen at any festival. It was super organized, the weather was beautiful, and I didn't feel like I was ever waiting on a giant line for something that turned out to be a waste of time. It's a one of a kind experience!

Inaj Distrito
    5 Apr 23, 2013

Had so much fun! I was even in the big screen of the outdoor stage! One of the biggest stages ever! I do it big! I always goto the front because I'm short! So much cool art and Eco friendly things! You gotta experience it!

Kim T Nguyen
    5 Oct 24, 2012

Coachella is seriously my favorite time of the year. I've gone for 2 years already and I am absolutely looking forward to my 3rd. The lineup is always amazing no matter which genre of music you're into. We always meet really friendly and amazing people. Seriously the best memories are made at Coachella!!

MzShanon
    4 Sep 19, 2012

I haven't personally gone to Coachella yet but from all the things I've heard about Coachella it is definitely one of the top music festivals to attend!

Van Le
    4 Aug 22, 2012

a large festival, but not as well-run as the others. I stayed in a hotel, I don't think I could have camped here.

everything is insanely expensive, but it's well worth it for an incredible experience.

Michael Fortune
    5 Aug 07, 2012

Best music festival I've ever been to. Probably the best 3 days of my life. I honestly plan on going every year for the next 10 years.

edward

Most fun I've ever had. Great music, food, and art. Not so great temps though. But that never stopped the party. Should go to it at least once before you die. And do the car camping.

• Coachella Music FestivalCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Keane

I had a relatively good time at Coachella a few years back, however all the problems I have with large festivals were problems here.
    - Water was hard to find, more than just an inconvenience in the desert heat.
    - Performances occurred simultaneously across multiple stages, making us either miss sets or forcing us to run back and forth.
    - Everything was ridiculously expensive.

If I had to do it again, I'd consider camping, as to avoid the traffic going in and out of the place. However, I don't think a return trip will happen anytime soon.

Steven S
    5 Jul 24, 2013
    Pamela B
    5 Apr 25, 2013
    Ingrid Katz
    Hanna S.
    5 Apr 23, 2013

Coachella is an amazing experience. It is an epic weekend of music, art, and loving life.

Sian Story

The best music festival I've been to. Been twice, loved it both times!

Aaron Parsons

Best music festival in the entire world.

718 people visited Coachella Music Festival

As one of the largest music festivals in the United States, Coachella has seen a huge growth in attendance over the past decade. Taking place in the relatively mild climes of mid-April, Coachella turns this small town near Palm Springs into the indie music capital of California for one weekend a year.