Trip Plan Details
- Hostaria Del Piccolo606 Broadway Street, Santa Monica, CArecommended Hostaria Del Piccoloi love italian food. in santa monica. with reasonable prices. and dim mood lighting. win all around! i wish i knew there was semi-outdoor seating in the back patio before we sat in the main dining ... read moreroom. that would have been lovely. the food was great, but the service was better. although not overly "friendly," our waitress was confident! when us girls asked for wine recommendations, she boldly pronounced, "you should get this. And you should get that." (too bad I can't remember the names of the wines.) i love that. i really hate when servers don't know what they are serving, or when the answer is "well, it's depends on what you are looking for....." without any further explanation. if i knew what was good here, i wouldn't be asking you for a recommendation, now would i??? the same goes for the food. she explained in the following manner: this is sauceless. this is cheeseless. you are going to be served duck, beef, or veal in these pasta dishes - pick one. bam! Just gave it to us straight. In summary, I thoroughly enjoy a confident server and will be back. Must try the happy hour. $5 wines, what!??!Recommended for:.Comment.10 months ago. Report
- Sm Pier Seafood258 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California - L.A. Metro, United Statesrecommended Sm Pier SeafoodI do not remember the name of this place, but there is a seafood restaurant right above the amusement park ride on Santa Monica Pier. It is worth the price for a meal to sit in the large dining room ... read moreand eat lobster claws and oysters and salad and look out over the Pacific.Recommended for:Doug Crets
Please visit this whole pier. It is the playground for the tourists, the weird, the local and the entrepreneurs of LA.
- Tuk Tuk Thai Restaurant8875 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CArecommended Tuk Tuk Thai RestaurantPretty yummy Thai Food if you love Thai. For the price this family owned restaurant will make you my personal favorite; Mango Sticky Rice. If only I knew how... I would cut out the middle man, but I ... read morealso love their Coconut Lemongrass Soup, and Pad Thai... Did I forget that they have insane eggplant marinated in garlic sauce, yum!Recommended for:
- SUGARFISH by Sushi Nozawa in Brentwood11640 W San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049recommended SUGARFISH by Sushi Nozawa in BrentwoodMy favorite SUSHI spot, SUSHI CHEF, until I am proven otherwise... I believe it has to do with the rice. It is soo fluffy, it make my mouth confused. Rice clouds with fresh fish, by Nozawa is hands ... read moredown an LA movement, and will move you too! The freshness of the fish leads me to believe they just either a) killed or scaled it b) are fish masters above the cut c) Nozawa was a Sushi apprentice before becoming a chef. It really is like sugar; the rolls being hand crab roll, albacore tuna, or anything off the menu. I should say that they do have three prefixed menus that are rather cheap for the Sushi/ Sashimi that you will eat, enjoy, and think about for the rest of your LA trip, until you return again. If you like anything more then the other, you can order it independent of the prefixed menus. This place is a slam dunk for any SUSHI LOVER!Recommended for:
- K-ZO9240 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232recommended K-ZOThe original chef of Sushi Roku moved on... and opened up K-Zo, in my opinion, and Michelins far better! At least 4/7 days of the week he is at the Sushi Bar 30 Years later in Los Angeles passing on ... read moreSushi and Japanese food as part of our now culture. The freshest fish in town, with the most amount of variety. Don't get flustered, it's pretty much all good here too! From Mussel Dynamite that is soo tasty, that you end up ordering round 2, or their special fish sashimi plate of the day; you will be coming back for more!Recommended for:
- El Carmen8138 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048recommended El CarmenThis place is a really cool spot for Mexican food! Awesome prices for happy hour, and the best Margaritas. Shall I say more. The decor is questionably different, which can be a head turner (if its ... read moreyour first time), as they have actual Wrestling Masks hung and draping from the ceiling looking like a Mexican Circus... it is an awesome spot, and can get busy by the bar. The tequila shrimp are sooo yum, as well as the almost anything on the menu...TACOS please!Recommended for:
- Baja Cantina311 Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90292
- La Cabana738 Rose Ave, Venice, CA 90291recommended La CabanaMy favorite mexican place on the west side. Not a taqueria - this is traditional mexican. Try the chile relleno burrito if you think you can handle the cheese. Really great margaritas as well served ... read morein a shaker! Open until the wee hours of the night.
- Chaya Venice110 Navy St, Venice, CA 90291recommended Chaya VeniceOne of my favorite spots! Located on Main Street in Santa Monica. Amazing Asian-fusion food with incredible seafood. The restaurant itself is chic and lively with great cocktails. They also have a ... read moregreat, lively happy hour with half price sushi.
- Palm's Thai5900 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, Californiarecommended Palm's ThaiIf you go nowhere else for Thai food - head to Hollywood. This place is amazing in terms of food, really affordable AND on certain weekend nights (I think it's Friday) there is a Thai Elvis ... read moreimpersonator who is not to be missed! You might have to wait for a table though, this place is no secret.Recommended for:Traci
This place is not upscale, so not sure what you're looking for, but this is a very entertaining place to eat. Food is some of the best Thai food I've ever had, and if you are there when the Thai Elvis is there, you're in for a fun time!
- The IZAKA-YA8420 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CArecommended The IZAKA-YAWhen I lived in West Hollywood - this was one of the places I frequented nearly every week. Favorites: spicy tuna with crispy rice, yellowtail with crispy onions, yellowtail with jalapeno. If you ... read moredon't make a reservation - you'll definitely have to wait, but just grab a cocktail and get in some good people-watching.Recommended for:Traci
One of my favorites - don't miss if you are in LA! Japanese small plates. Definitely make a reservation.
- Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills8741 Alden Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90048recommended Chaya Brasserie Beverly HillsChaya is a great place for happy hour or dinner with a group on a small side street of Beverly Hills, close to the famous Ivy. The food is asian fusion and the drinks are inventive and delicious. They ... read morehave great happy hour specials too!Recommended for:Traci
If you're looking for happy hour, this is a great choice!
- Shutters on the Beach1 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405recommended Shutters on the BeachIf you want a fully Southern Californian experience, why not stay on the beach (and we mean *on* the beach) in Santa Monica? My cousin got married here, and the place couldn't have been more ... read morebeautiful, the staff could not have been friendlier, the rooms could not have been more perfectly casual but upscale. They've got three different places to eat, all with crazy-beautiful views.Recommended for:Luxury TravelersAlex L
If it'll be around sunset, Shutters has the most amazing views.