Columbus Motor Inn
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Family Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Columbus Motor InnMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2First to ReviewJan 13, 2014
Comfortable, free parking, and right at the foot of Columbus Ave. From here you can walk to all the waterside attractions like Ghiradelli Sq, or hoof it to North Beach, or up to the top of Telegraph Hill.
- Columbus Motor InnCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesBackpackers+ 4Sep 19, 2012
Like catching a unicorn, Columbus Motor Inn includes free parking for all guests. If you're passing through on a road trip, this is a great option. Wi-Fi is free and the rooms are big. Rooms include balconies, which are nice for watching people down on Columbus Avenue below. As for decor, it's pretty basic and bland, but they provide everything you need for a comfortable stay.
The best thing about Columbus Motor Inn, besides the parking, is the location. You can easily walk to Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach. It's also a block from the best happy hour triangle in the city: Kennedy's Irish Pub, International Cocktails and 901 Columbus Caffe' (a cafe), where you can score $2-2.50 pints and well drinks.
It's not elegant, but it's a worthwhile choice. Staff were friendly enough and the premises for the most part seems organized. The exit stairs did smell like pee, but I suspect this could happen at any time and any place in San Francisco.
Outstanding!328 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Internet100% thought it was a great value.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 96%.
- Room91% said rooms were clean.
- Hotel90% thought it was clean.
- LocationGreat parking, according to 89%.