Commune By The Great Wall, Kempinski
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%History Buffs
- 72%Spiritual Seekers
Member Reviews (2)
- Commune By The Great Wall, KempinskiMember ofLuxury TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 1Oct 12, 2013
Originally a Kempinski, now run by the property conglom Soho China. Located just over an hour's drive (depending on the traffic) from downtown Beijing or the international airport and the ideal way to explore the Great Wall, without anyone else there.The place is a living tribute to the vibrancy of Asian architects even if, cynically, it was put up in the run up to the Beijing Olympics when China had something to prove. The rooms with views of the wall are everything you'd expect them to be. Just be careful with any meal and drinks extras - if you can book something inclusive before you're stay, there'll be less bill shock when you check out.
- Commune By The Great Wall, KempinskiMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureFamily Travelers+ 2First to ReviewOct 16, 2012
The idea of building a resort at Badailing, near the Great Wall of China was excellent. Each individual villas consist of several units, surrounded by greeneries. The room is spacious and has zen design. The overall experience however does not match with the image it was trying to present.Recommended for:Spiritual Seekers
Good!6 reviews across the web.
- LocationLocation is great. 88% satisfied guests.
- Wellness/SportsVery nice wellness & sports facilities. 83% of the guests liked it.
- Room83% thought the view was good.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 75% of guests mentioned it positively.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 71% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsGrounds are not bad. Only 67% of guests gave positive feedback.
Dining options at Commune By The Great Wall include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms. This 4.5 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms. This Juyongguan property has event space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and a ballroom. Additional property amenities include a coffee shop/café.
There are 236 guestrooms at Commune By The Great Wall. At the 4.5 star property, accommodations include kitchens with coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers. In addition to complimentary wireless Internet access, guestrooms offer complimentary newspapers and in room safes. Rooms also include separate sitting areas and minibars.
Additional fees and deposits may be charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.