Gogobot helps networks of people connect and share information on travel. The following ground rules will help ensure an enjoyable and safe experience for our community. Our members are expected to participate with common sense, courtesy, and respect. Your use of this site is subject to these guidelines and our Terms of Service.
User content on Gogobot reflects the opinions of those users and not of Gogobot.
Your Gogobot Account
Gogobot accounts are intended for your personal use, to contribute content that you have created yourself. Since the best travel advice comes from the people you trust, you will get the most out of your Gogobot experience by providing accurate information about yourself. Use of Gogobot accounts for any other purpose may be considered an infringement of our Terms of Service.
Courtesy & Respect
Treat others with courtesy and respect. Remember that your tone can easily be misinterpreted in print, so take care in your choice of language. Gogobot is a global travel community so you are likely to encounter people of various opinions, experiences, budgets, and preferences. Show respect for these differences, and don't take things personally.
Lead by Example
Make newcomers feel welcome, be helpful to others, and keep it constructive. The best way to deal with flame-baiters and trolls is to ignore them and report them to Gogobot. By being a positive member, you encourage others to do the same.
Community members are looking to you for travel advice, so be sincere and truthful. Refrain from defaming and harassing people, impersonating others, spamming, ticket scalping, violating the privacy of others, and engaging in illegal activities.
Use your common sense when seeking travel advice, especially around the topics of health and safety. Be safe and smart when arranging meetups and travel companions, and don't post personal information about yourself in public spaces. Gogobot is not responsible for the actions of our community members.
Reviews and Recommendations
The best reviews and recommendations are insightful, personal, informative, and readable. Gogobot offers a rich community experience because our members take the time to share their personal stories. Here are some tips for writing great reviews and recommendations.
- Share your experience: The community benefits when you share your unique, personal experiences. Describe what you liked and disliked, and what it meant to you.
- Be informative: Try to be as accurate as possible, and include relevant and useful details. Share something novel or surprising that isn't usually covered in travel guidebooks.
- Be constructive: It's ok to share negative feedback, but be constructive and include relevant facts and details. Do not post false information as this may have legal consequences.
- Use good grammar and spelling: A good recommendation is a readable one. Use complete sentences and write clearly. Go easy on capitalization and resist the urge to write entire novels.
Gogobot rarely removes reviews, but when we do below are some possible reasons why. We reserve the right to remove any content that we feel violates our Terms of Service or these guidelines, or violates the spirit of these guidelines. Read more in our Terms of Service.
- Inappropriate content: Bad language, adult content, or otherwise objectionable content.
- Plagiarism: Copying a review from another person or website and posting as your own.
- Conflict of interest: Posting favorable reviews for your own business or posting reviews in exchange for money or freebies. You should also refrain from reviewing your employer or any business in which you have a commercial interest.
- Fake or malicious recommendations: Posting bad reviews about your competitors.
- Off-topic: Reviews that are unrelated to the topic page it is listed under.
If you see something that may be in violation of these guidelines or our Terms of Service, please flag it by clicking on the "Flag this" button next to the relevant content.
We do not arbitrate disputes among business owners, competitors, customers, ex-employees, or other entities. We remove only the reviews that we consider to be in violation of our guidelines and Terms of Service.
"An efficient way to build an itinerary based on recommendations from friends and other travelers. The site makes it simple to record where you’ve been so that you can easily share your favorite places with friends.
Michael Arrington -
"Gogobot is one of the most impressive new services I have seen in a while.
MaryBeth Bond, the Gutsy Traveler