Trip Plan Details
- Sherman's Deli & Bakery401 E Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262recommended Sherman's Deli & BakeryIn my experience, authentic Jewish deli's are few and far between in Cali, and this one is fabulous, with excellent food, a wide array of traditional dishes, and they don't skimp on the quantities. ... read moreFrom monster sandwiches to monster deserts, with matzo ball soup, chopped liver, gifilte fish and more in between. You're almost guaranteed to find something new to try, or at least a delicious version of an old favorite.Elan Noelle
I'm not sure if this falls into the category of "hip and trendy", but it's absolutely great food!
- Embassy Suites Hotel Palm Desert Resort74-700 Highway 111, Palm Desert, CA 92260recommended Embassy Suites Hotel Palm Desert ResortThis Embasy Suites is really old. You can pass the decor off as desert colored and blends in with the surroundings, but it is still old, I would say at least 30 years. Don't get me wrong, it is failry ... read morewell maintained and kept up, but it has some signs of age. The design is unlike most of the more newer Embassy suites. No atrium lobby. No Koi and ponds. It has an open courtyard between the hotel buidlings with rooms, and the elevators are in the open, not in a lobby atrium. NOt ideal when the tempartures in the valley here go over 110, which is most of summer. If you come here in late summer, after the kids go back to school but before the snowbirds fly down from the north and east, , you can get a pretty good rate. It is cooling down around September/October a bit, and you can get a 2 room suite for under $100 before tax, usually. Of course, it might be hotter than Hades, but usually it is warm but starting to cool down somewhat.Wanugee
Older Embassy Suites, but still the 2 room suite.
- Cactus Jack's Bar and Grill74-450 California 111, Palm Desert, CArecommended Cactus Jack's Bar and GrillCactus Jack's is old school with a new twist. It just took over this location not too long ago, and has a nice simple decor, with some very nice artwork on the wall of jazz greats. The drinks are ... read morestiff and good. The service is straight ahead no-nonsense old school professional service. The food, well they serve a great selection of old school steakhouse and newer favorites on their menu. Their steaks here are good and fairly reasonable. My business associate and I came here on a weekday evening and had a fine meal, with good salads, great steaks, and nice stiff crinks to go with it all. For you smokers, they have a seperate breezway room just for you, with a TV to watch the game while you puff a pack. Cactus Jack's is a nice choice for steaks in Palm Desert, good food, unpretentious ambiance, efficient service, and not overly high priced.
- Hilton Palm Springs Resort400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262-6605recommended Hilton Palm Springs ResortThis is a Hilton Hotel in a traditionally resort area, Palm Springs, so it has some of what you might expect for that type of venue. "Elements" full service spa. Large pool area with plenty of chaise ... read morelounge chairs to sunbathe in, larger than average excersize room, valets awaiting to park you vehicle. It is a 3 story low rise set of buildings about 1 block off the main drag, N Palm Canyon Blvd. The room is good size, with a vanity area and large king size bed with mood lighting behind it. The balcony is decent size and has double locks, as all the balconies butt together so conceivable someone could hop the wall and enter your room with out the precautions. April is a great time of year to come here. The peak here with the snowbirds is usually October thru March. By April 15th, the place deadens and the rates go down. I got a $150 room rate and the weather was still perfect, about mid 80s during the day and not too cool at night.
- John Henry's1785 E Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262recommended John Henry'sThis is the best kept secret restaurant in Palm Springs. Why? First, they are only open during the winter months. The owners spend their summers in France. Second, there is no signage. You have to ... read moreknow where this place is to eat here. Even if you are close, you may have trouble finding it without a sign. Third, after you think you have found it, there isn't a lot of parking. There is no lot, no valet, just wherever you can park on the street nearby, and the street is being worked on with construction, so access is limited. Fourth, even though the casual visitors and tourists don't know about this place, a lot of locals do. So getting a reservation in here is challenging. My business associate who brought me here booked it 3 weeks in advance, and his only choices were 5:30 or 9:00 pm. Fifth, this place is reasonably priced. There isn't an entree over $20! That includes Steaks, Osso Buco, Pasta, Salmon, every entree. Sixth, the food is good. No overly stacked designer plate ups, pretentious names and exotic ingredients, just straight forward, classic dishes that everyone can enjoy. Seventh, the service is friendly and welcoming, professional and well timed without getting in the way. Eighth, about 60% of the tables are outside on their patio, which is privately surrounded and can't be looked into from the outside, and their are heaters for the night chill. So a pleasant environment and fresh air to enjoy your food. We had two starters, two entrees, two call brand drinks each, and the total was $88.Wanugee
Only in the winter, not summer. Secret gem.
- Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs4200 East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CArecommended Le Parker Meridien Palm SpringsHands down my favorite hotel! Love the Jonathan Adler decorated rooms, the fluffy sheep skin rugs, the amenities are fabulous!! You can play croquet on the lawn or shop in there amazing boutique on ... read moresite. Mr. Parker's is such an awesome restaurant and they have impeccable service! You must try the muddled lemon cocktail at the bar! The spa here is to die for. I could spend all day in there.Recommended for:Cindy Matalucci
Love this place, you have to check it out!!recommended Le Parker Meridien Palm SpringsA very eclectic hotel located in the middle of the desert. The hotel grounds are well maintained and there is a spot to hang out at for everyone at the hotel. The adult pool (21 and over) is the scene ... read moreand get overcrowded during the spring and summer; but which pools aren't. The hotel is a great option for those that like different quirky styled hotels (think SLS hotel in Los Angeles or Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas). I will be going back to stay there during my next trip to Palm Springs.Recommended for:Carlie Yapp
Great place to stay. Pool is definitely not "quiet time". It's crowded. But a fun vibe.
- TRIO RestaurantPalm Springs, CA 92262recommended TRIO RestaurantI loved everything about this restaurant!! the steak salad was probably one of the tastiest I have ever had. The fried artichokes, white bean hummus delish!! My friend had the pot roast and that is ... read moresomething I would never order in a restaurant until today. O.M.G The waiter recommended the bread pudding and I swear when he was talking about it his eyes glazed and then I tried it and mine did too. The service was excellent. My new favorite!!Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
Love, Love!! Trendy, Yummy food and seriously great service, with a smile!
- Spencer's Restaurant701 W Baristo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262recommended Spencer's RestaurantI was pleasantly surprised. The food quality and service here exceeded the pricing. Definitely a great alternative to those looking to celebrate a night out in Palm Springs or simply to go out for a ... read morenice dinner. Great food and great dining outdoors.Recommended for:Carlie Yapp
I was pleasantly surprised. And its cheaper than some of the higher end options. The food was very fresh. Overall a good place with night outdoor seating.
- Cheeky's622 N. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, United Statesrecommended Cheeky'sI wasn't expecting such a delicious treat in the desert. The breakfast is worth the 25 minute wait. I tried an assortment of goodies over two breakfasts on the same trip. Will definitely go back to ... read moretry more. I would recommend the eggs benedict...but honestly...everything i tried was very good. Unexpected deliciousness!Recommended for:Carlie Yapp
Definitely go there. Went twice during the same trip.recommended Cheeky'sRight now, you can't do any better for brunch in downtown Palm Springs. Who cares it the wait is 30-45 minutes on weekends? The line moves fast, and once you're seated and slurping up a kale smoothie, ... read moremunching on a bacon tasting flight, and snacking on chilaquiles, you won't care. Tip: Sign yourself in on the wait list, then head down the street to Koffi coffee shop for an espresso to nurse while you're waiting for your table to be called.Sara Benson
Definitely one of the best brunches in town. Delish!
- Lulu California Bistro200 S. Palm Canyon, Palm Springs, CA 92262, United Statesrecommended Lulu California BistroThis place is pretty cool. It has a retro Hollywood design, and tiered balconies which makes it feel very expansive. It is a popular dinner spot, so anticipate a wait, but also note they have a pretty ... read morelarge bar section where you can wait, and they serve well drinks there till closing for six bucks. The seafood here was excellent, especially the shrimp and oysters.
- Ace Hotel and Swim Club701 E. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264
- Forever Marilyn101 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262recommended Forever Marilynquite obvious, but go photo crazy with Marilyn Monroe... i've seen in Chicago onlyRecommended for: