Coqueta

Pier 5, San Francisco, CA

• Coqueta

Recently opened Spanish restaurant by celebrity chef with the best Spanish paellas you will probably ever taste in or out of Spain. Pass or take care on the passed hors d'oeuvre, as they are hit and miss, some are fantastic and others should be never have made it onto the menu. The bar and bartenders are excellent and reasonably priced. The setting is beautiful, lively, and bay side with views of the water.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • CoquetaPro 2014

I am exceptionally good at being whiny and bratty.

I am excellent at emptying M's wallet.

I am gracious when it comes to stuffing my face ( or so I hope).

After 40 days of dedication and discipline, I'm ready to binge on dessert, making up for lost times...KIDDING...I will eat in moderation. Only 3 desserts for dinner, okay???

Starting our dinner right with some gin and tonic beautifully garnished to some nicely mixed concoction called "The Castro" was quite tasty. We ordered small plates to shared:

- Chorizo, roasted artichokes, and piquillo peppers = bite size skewers. Perfect pairing with our drinks.

- Jamón Serrano, Manchego, and apricot-sherry conserva = bite size skewers.

- Crispy shrimp = with chickpea flour pancake and saffron alioli. I was eying this the moment I saw them making it in the kitchen. Crispy, fried goodness!

-Duck and pork meatballs = extremely flavorful, tender, and moist. A must order!

- Manchego cheesecake with caramel popcorn = remarkably light in texture and highly addictive. This dainty fun cheesecake pop was phenomenal.

- Flan Espanola with fennel-citrusfritura = a rich and deeply satisfying decadent flavor. One of the best dessert of the night. Highly recommended!

-Churro 'Fantasia,' crispy Spanish doughnuts with drinking chocolate and mixed berry powder was so delectably delicious.

Beyond a delightful meal at Coqueta, it was the company that made it much better. Thank you M for surviving the 40 days with me. Muah!

I hope you give this place a try. Cheers!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
  • CoquetaPro 2014

If I had written this review after my first visit here, they would have definitely received 5 stars. However my 2nd visit a few weeks ago was not as impressive.

We had a friend visiting from NY and we were super excited to let him try Chiarello's new place, but all our favorite dishes fell short this time. I honestly think it's because Chiarello was at Bottega that evening, when he had been front and center our first experience.

Usual Favorites:
    Chicken croquette - luke warm
    Asparagus w/ sangria salsa - super flavorless, needed some salt
    Fried egg w/ shimp - bland

The drinks were still on point, so thank goodness for that! I'm in love with their sangria w/ coke and cinnamon!!!

TIP: So far 1 for 2, hopefully it will be more consistent the next time we dine here.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Coqueta

As a lover of all things Spanish, I was absolutely thrilled to hear about Coqueta's opening. I have yet to enjoy a full dinner there, but the taste of tapas I got during a work happy hour were more than enough to tell me that Coqueta is the real deal. While the prices may not be as low as a good old tapas bar in Spain, the ham, cheese, and tortilla were all great, and the 'gin-tonic' was a beautiful surprise! The waiter actually brings out the gin, which is served in a large glass, garnished with juniper berries, a slice of grapefruit, and fresh microflowers. The tonic is then poured into your glass right at your table. It was as delicious as it was pretty, and I can't wait to go back!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • CoquetaPro 2014

Michael Chiarello's SF restaurant Coqueta has many good things going for it: a popular celebrity chef owner, a beautiful bay front location right in the middle of the heavily foot trafficked Embarcadero, wonderful servers who care, extensive food menu backed by fresh ingredients, and a fun cocktail list. We enjoyed our dinner experience here on their opening night and thanks for personally preparing the dessert for us at table side, Michael!

• Coqueta

Truly inspired food and cocktail program! Everything we had was amazing. Best papas bravas ever!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters

Pricey but good.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • Coqueta

Food and drinks are amazing. Must try margarita and mojito

17 people visited Coqueta