Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
Member Reviews (2)
- Cornerstone Bed & BreakfastFeb 01, 2013
Alright, so, no one would peg me as a B&B guy, but I have a confession to make: this place totally won me over. Maybe I like being doted over? Maybe I'm a mama's boy? Fine with me! I found the place relaxing and comfortable in spite of myself. I like West Philly neighborhoods a lot too. The only thing missing for me was a bike to hop on and wheel around like all the locals. I think it helped that even though I was at a B&B, it's a collegey area with a young vibe-- good, inexpensive food (Ethiopian, korean, indian!), coffee shops, and some pretty impressive parks. I planned on spending a lot more time in Center City, but I liked what was going out West. Its cool to see a place run by a family, too. I was so curious about what their lives are like doing this full time!
- Cornerstone Bed & BreakfastFirst to ReviewDec 21, 2012
A very warm, welcoming place. And beautiful too. It is a great choice for a solo traveler, though you'd usually expect B&B's to be geared toward couples. The personal attention makes you feel more safe and connected. It was easy to walk to the train and see everything I wanted to see, and I found some great coffee shops and little University City shops nearby. Breakfast is above and beyond--they cater to your dietary needs, and what time you get up. I was maybe most impressed with how lovely the room was. I expected a little of the cluttered, doily, kitschy vibe of lots of B&B's, but they have kept it so clean and tasteful, just showing off the gorgeous old architectural pieces. It feels good to support a family-run place, too. You know they're working hard and pouring love into what they do.
Excellent!69 reviews across the web.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel BuildingWonderful building. Highly appreciated by 100% of guests.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- HotelExcellent hotel. Highly appreciated by 96% of guests.
- LocationTerrific location. 92% of guests enjoyed it.
- PriceBest value. Highly appreciated by 91% of guests.