Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland AirportMember ofHistory BuffsLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6
The Country Inn & Suites was my Hotwire "Choice" for this trip to Portland. I was up for a meeting at my Son's school, so why pay more? My only disappointment about this place is that it's not located along the Max Line (for greater Portland access). Other than that, it's all positive, including:
- A Welcoming and Helpful Front Desk. That was evident when I first called for the Shuttle from PDX and continued on throughout our short stay.
- Friendly and Efficient Shuttle Service to PDX. And that's how I got to the Max. I particularly enjoyed one driver who accepted my tip with the line - "Thank you Boss, you're the Best!"
- A Free Hot Breakfast. That goes a long way with my teen age son who stayed with me.
- Happy Customers. United Airlines and TSA employees use this Hotel and the ones I talked with really like this place. That also means that the Lobby is busy at all hours (like 5 AM when I first wandered down).
- Nice Rooms including a nice shower, flat screen TV and 2 comfortable Queen beds for separate Father and Son comfort.
- Nice Lobby in Rustic Decor. I particularly appreciated the fresh (and free) coffee in the morning and the relatively fast computers (with printers) on the Mezzanine.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland AirportMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7
Call me a glutton, but the first thing I noticed about this place was the fact that they have free chocolate chip cookies at their front desk. Then I noticed their live display board of flight departure and arrival times, plus a huge selection of tea and coffee. It’s almost like an airport lounge, despite the fact that the lobby looks a bit like it was plucked out of an old dollhouse (i.e., quaintly artificial).
The rooms here are big albeit a bit old-fashioned, but they plan to redo the place soon, jumping on to the retro bandwagon that is currently à la mode in the hotel industry. The bathrooms have high-pressure showers, perfect for blasting away that dirty feeling that you get after a long flight. There’s also a pool, a fitness center, and an onsite restaurant that (brace yourself) only uses fresh ingredients!
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland AirportMember ofHistory BuffsFoodiesWellness+ 3
Although the exterior looks quite nice, the interior of the hotel and the room I entered was dark and a little depressing. Anyone who has had experience of an old nursing home would see how close is the resemblance.
Although the room and greater hotel were clean, it didn't feel especially clean. The hotel is due to be renovated soon, but one look at the mildly dirty swimming pool would indicate a lack of care.
The hotel has all the necessary amenities and a small dining room that again looks as if it is out of a 1950's nursing home. The staff is very caring and they do their best to sell the good points of this hotel - and there are many - but I sensed a little embarrassment about the lack of modern decor.
Having said that, the hotel does have a certain rustic cozy charm and I felt, after a long flight, I would have plenty of undisturbed rest.
This is a well used hotel for travelers, but is in desperate need of modernization.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland AirportMember ofAdventure TravelersArt & Design Lovers
If I was going to stay at a PDX airport hotel, I'd rather stay here than The Ramada, Super 8, or Shilo Inn. The decor at this one feels a little like Disney Land, but there were cookies at the check-in desk, some sort of long-term parking deal, and a busy, friendly atmosphere. This is one of the closest hotels to the airport so you can watch planes take off even from some of the rooms, but as a base to explore portland it wouldn't be my first pick. Country Inn & Suites PDX is sort of in a business park and has little local feeling to it. You'd probably need to take a shuttle to the airport or to Cascade Station in order to take MAX into the city or in order to eat anything outside of the hotel's restaurant. The mall, Cascade Station, is sort of walkable, but all the food there is fast food or by big chain restaurants. This is not a bad airport hotel, but it's probably just an airport hotel.Recommended for:
Recreational amenities include an indoor pool and a fitness facility. This 3.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. A complimentary breakfast is served daily. The property has an airport shuttle, which is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a bar/lounge, barbecue grills, and gift shops/newsstands.
There are 153 guestrooms at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport. Furnishings include desks and sofa beds. At the 3.0 star property, accommodations include kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations with handheld showerheads, and hair dryers. Guestrooms offer free local calls and voice mail. Televisions
- Onsite parking is free for guests only for the duration of their stay.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk
Excellent!1556 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for golfers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- LocationGood access to the airport, said 99%.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel97% thought it was clean.
- Restaurant86% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 84%.