Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Lloyd Center
Phone:+1 503 234 3200
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Family Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
- 51%Green Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Lloyd CenterMember ofFoodiesWellnessVegetarian+ 3Jul 05, 2012
This is one of the better hotels servicing the Rose Quarter, Convention Center area and Lloyds Center of NE Portland, and it is within easy reach of the main Portland downtown area and NW Portland.
The hotel is the standard you would expect of the Courtyard brand which is clean, moderately priced and comfortable in the decor and the room furnishings. There is nothing twee or unnecessary in this business hotel, and it has the atmosphere of calm efficiency that is promoted by a very friendly and efficient staff.
The hotel itself has a more traditional air to it compared to its sister hotel in SW downtown (see my review), but it has all the amenities expected of the modern business traveler including wifi, swimming pool, fitness center, and restaurant.
Parking is by valet, but if you don't mind the walk there is plenty of neighborhood public parking available.
Of the hotels marketed for the Rose Quarter/Convention Center this is my second choice after the Crowne Plaza.
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Lloyd CenterMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Jul 05, 2012
Conveniently located in the Rose Quarter area, just a few minutes from downtown Portland, the Courtyard by Marriott is a business hotel with incredibly friendly staff. The rooms here are spacious and feature large windows that allow a lot of light in even on Portland’s frequent grey and rainy days. They also feature historic black and white photos of Portland street scenes, a nice alternative to generic hotel-room art. All rooms have LAN and Wi-Fi connections. The bathrooms have tubs and separate sink areas.
The property also has a 24-hour exercise room, a small pool, a business center, and an excellent, recently-remodelled restaurant serving everything from Shepard’s Pie to steak. They only have valet parking, but there’s plenty of street parking in the area, which is metered during the week and free on Sundays.
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Lloyd CenterMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
This is where Hotwire put me when I made a 2-night reservation at $65 per night (including taxes and fees). I was trying something new in terms of the practicalities of joint custody. The Kid is almost 16 and now has short tolerance for Weekend trips down to the Bay Area. He has friends, a life, and home up here in Portland. So why not come to him for the Weekend?
The experiment worked well and I'm sure I'll be up in Portland much more often. We both enjoyed our stay here and had a great time together. The room was nice and comfortable, the pool was handy, and there were plenty of snacks and a few computers off the Main Lobby. My Son also specifically mentioned that the people here were very kind. The folks at the Front Desk were certainly nice as he chatted them up about this and that!
Here are a few handy tips:
- The Hotel offers parking at $15 (Self) and $19 (Valet). Since we were out and about a lot, it was cheaper to park on the street and pay the meter. They are enforced from 8 AM - 10 PM, Monday through Saturday.
- Red Robin, Denny's, and Burgerville are within a short walking distance from the Hotel. A better idea is to hop the Max into Center City or take a short drive over to the Irvington District for for meals and exploration.
- Many of the streets in this area are One-Way. A few more turns may be necessary to get where you're going.
- The free Lobby coffee in the morning is a nice touch.Recommended for:Family Travelers
Dining options at Courtyard By Marriott Portland Downtown Lloyd Center include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities
There are 202 guestrooms at Courtyard By Marriott Portland Downtown Lloyd Center. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses, signature bedding, triple sheeting, and down blankets. Bathrooms feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. In addition to complimentary wireless Internet access, guestrooms offer multi line phones, voice mail, and complimentary weekday newspapers. Televisions have premium cable channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include separate sitting areas, desks, coffee/tea makers, and electronic check out. Housekeeping is offered and guests may request wake up calls. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.
Notifications and Fees:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: US$ 12 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Very Good!1004 reviews across the web.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel95% thought it was clean.
- LocationVery easy access to transportation, said 86%.
- Hotel Building80% said the facilities were very new.
- Food80% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 72% of guests mentioned it positively.